Dive Rite? Atomic? Apeks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

medic13 once bubbled...
better yet buy a atomic or apeks at local dive store don't buy on-line either one is better than the dive-rite reg, all though the apeks I like better !!!!!!!!

What's wrong with buying online?

You'll need more then a generic statement to convince some people that shopping locally is worth the extra money.

Cornfed

medic13 once bubbled...
better yet buy a atomic or apeks at local dive store don't buy on-line either one is better than the dive-rite reg, all though the apeks I like better !!!!!!!!

Why? If you know what you want, it's just an economic transaction for a product. You walk in, tell the guy what you want, he fetches the box, and you pay.

I gave that "support your LDS business" a shot when I bought my reg. They were a distributor for what I wanted, but didn't carry it, and didn't have a tech who serviced them. They'd need to order it for me. The price they quoted me for trying to give them the sale? 100% of MSRP. Got it from DiveInn instead for a bit more than half of that. BTW, DiveInn is not grey market. Their distributor is Technomar, which is the authorized Apeks distributor in their part of the world. They just don't tolerate the vertical price fixing scheme that SeaQuest uses in the US, so, of all things, sellers engage in price competition. Imagine that! Somehow, they seem to thrive in spite of it...

First most of the time the price isn’t that much of a difference and second go ahead what till you need to upgrade or have it fixed
The apeks being sold in USA is under sea quest because that is whom apeks authorized to sell them and that’s the only reason!!!
Personally I do buy some gear online but my main gear I buy from a fully authorized service center so I can easy have it fixed in some people case its not that easy so in there case it makes no differences.

I still fail to see the argument for buying most items from my LDS if I can get the exact same item online for less (most times a LOT less). If it's an item that requires me to fit it or test it out in person, then I'll go to my LDS and get it from them. However, if I know exactly what it is and I know what I want, I'll buy it online from the cheapest and most convenient online dealer available.

In fact, I would go so far as to recommend buying online for most items.

I've been to several LDSs around my area and none of them have given me a convincing reason to want to patronize them.

with the apekls under the dealer ship i bought mine i have lifetime service dont pay for crap so far i am on my third year been serviced six times so far due to the number of dives i dive and yet to pay one thing try that with your online store wont happen any wear average reg service runs most people $30 to $60 dollars . that the diffrence afain some stuff i dont see a promblem and if you dont have that good relationship with your local dive shop then go ahead its really matter of personal choice my choice my regs I buy from shop other stuff might buy online !!!!!

I'll give you some examples. I bought all my Apeks regs online. I believe the MSRP on a TX100 or ATX100 is more than $600. I paid an average of maybe $325-350 for mine. I have DS4/TX50s that I got for under $300. The price difference covers quite a few reg services.

I bought my Halcyon Explorer and Pioneer systems from my LDS. I could have saved $50-100 from buying them online.

medic13 once bubbled...
with the apekls under the dealer ship i bought mine i have lifetime service dont pay for crap so far i am on my third year been serviced six times so far due to the number of dives i dive and yet to pay one thing try that with your online store wont happen any wear average reg service runs most people $30 to $60 dollars . that the diffrence afain some stuff i dont see a promblem and if you dont have that good relationship with your local dive shop then go ahead its really matter of personal choice my choice my regs I buy from shop other stuff might buy online !!!!!

Medic13, your posts are incredibly difficult to read.

simple solution !!! don't read them seems the administrator wont let me go back and edit them .
buy the time I get them cant get back into them. says 60 mins expired

medic13 once bubbled...
simple solution !!! don't read them seems the administrator wont let me go back and edit them .
buy the time I get them cant get back into them. says 60 mins expired

I just tried to edit one of my old messages and got that "60 minute" message. I had no idea. That's a pretty f**king stupid "feature".

Cornfed

Back
Top Bottom