Dive Rite HID1000 Light Inop??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gNats

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi DR Mfg. Rep.

I have brand new DR LT6250HID-1000 light. I bought it over the winter, cycled the battery as the instructions indicated and set the light assembly (unconnected) in my scuba room. On Friday (May 6), I charged the battery until the green light was steady, connected the battery to the light head and placed the light unit into the hard sided foam packed case it came with.

At the dive site on Saturday, the light would not turn on.

On Sunday (May 8), I placed the battery back on the charger to double check the charge. The battery charger was steady green after 30 minutes and still the light does not turn on.

Any suggestions? Do I start with the bulb? I can't seem to figure out how to replace the bulb. Does it simply screw out of the light head? Which is the correct replacement bulb for this light?

I'm pretty disgusted at this product right now. I know the light was functioning when I cycled the battery over the winter. It has not sustained any bumps or user handling.

And yes, I put the light head in a bucket of water when I cycled the battery. And no, I am positive that the switch was not on while I transported the light to the dive site. It was clearly in the "off" position when I took it from the case.

The bulb looks fine - no blemishes or other indications of damage.

What to do?

Sounds like this is a battery issue. NiMH batteries like to be used ALOT. You cycle them when you first get the light and then use the light, at minimum every month. If you're not diving, you just "dive the light" in a bucket of water each month to use the battery.

I would try cycling the battery again, but also feel free to give Mike, our service manager a shout. He is excellent at trouble shooting these issues over the phone. 386-752-1087 or service@diverite.com

Kathleen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom