Dive Rite Hunter Pac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ontwreckdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
My BC is starting to show its age and it is heavy to travel with. Does anyone have or used a Dive Rite Hunter Pac. It looks compact & lite. Would it suitable for tanks bigger than an alum 80. Sorry I am not interested in looking for a BP/W. thanks.

if you can't/don't want to commit to a bp/w, then I think the Hunterpac is the best rig out there that is "close enough". The lift of the rig is perfectly fine for any size tank, however the lift limitations will depend on your exposure suit. I.e. don't use a FX149 while wearing a 7mm farmer john and diving to 100' with it

I already have a S.S. BP/W that I use up here at home. I want something just to use for travelling to warm water diving. I was thinking I might also be able to use it up here with my L.P. 108 steel and my 6/3 wetsuit and eliminate one more BC I have to own?

it has 35lbs of lift, it'll be plenty for that. It's a great little rig, but for travel I think you'll only save maybe 2lbs in your luggage with it, so not sure it would justify ditching the bp/w, but that's just me

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom