Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just started diving the LTZ which is the LS's predacesor, they made the harnes modular and a few other minor tweeks. So far I like it but I only have about 6 dives on it. If you are diving cold water carrying enough weight can be an issue especially if you are diving AL tanks. The lift may be short if you are diving steel tanks and or multiple cylinders. I like the light weight, lower bulk and simplicity, it doesn't do backmount single doubles just Sidemount, of it compared to some of the othere sidemount rigs like the Nomad XT and the Hollis SMS 100 and 75.

While I haven't dove one yet, I did grab one out of the back to check it out. They have made some pretty neat updates to the LTZ. First off, you can change out the harness, which I love since I tend to dislike soft and worn out webbing. Secondly, the new wing shape and design will put a little more lift near the hips and will eliminate what I call the "Quasimodo Bubble" that occured in past models. Finally, I dig the new adjustable bungee system since I'm a big dude and used to have to add an extra link to the ring bungees. I'm actually considering picking one up before my next trip to cave country.

Yeah the "beach ball effect" is one thing turned me off to the LTZ. The shape of the LS makes a lot more sense.

More importantly, does an extra bladder (if you optout to have) affect air distribution of the main bladder, allowing uneven air bubble on the sides.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom