Dive Rite RG2000 Regs - Are they any good?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They breathe well. I've had mine down to about 200'. Easy to overhaul and the parts are available online.

Peter

bergersau:
Topic says it all.
I'd especially like to hear from anyone with direct experience with these regs.
Have had mine 2 years with no problems. I have only had them to 130' but know of others who have had theirs to over 200' with no problems.

Caver95:
there great. breath good on till your gas runs out then they don't breath so well.
Well if they get that problem worked out I'll buy two!

Like Beuchat they are a very similar (copy) of the Apeks DST first stage. And likely perform the same. They are a warm water version, without the seal .

While this is one of the few I haven't owned or dived, I have talked to a few owners and I have heard NOTHING but good about them.
Norm

Sorry not to reply sooner guys, been a little busy...

Thanks for your comments. The warm water point is somewhat moot for me as I dive a 7/5mm wetsuit and 10 deg C is as cold as I'll tackle. I've not heard of many reg freeze up's in Port Phillip Bay. 200' is deeper than I'll be going in the short term, 40m is my limit for the forseable future (With a young bub at home I can't afford a dry suit, twins, or trimix, or......)

Again
Thanks Guy's

Dan

Dive Rite has a cold water upgrade kit if you want to use it in cold water. The kit retails for about $30

Back
Top Bottom