Dive Shop In St. Thomas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've done Coki a couple of times with my wife. I dive, she snorkels. Fun dives, not exactly nock you socks off, but fun. My wife loves the snorkeling. We have never had a problem with crime. Its the hoards of tourists that put me off a bit though. If you go early its not an issue, but as the day wears on, the beach starts to get very crowded.

I've done Coki a couple of times with my wife. I dive, she snorkels. Fun dives, not exactly nock you socks off, but fun. My wife loves the snorkeling. We have never had a problem with crime. Its the hoards of tourists that put me off a bit though. If you go early its not an issue, but as the day wears on, the beach starts to get very crowded.

Even though I'm one of them, I don't like overly touristy spots as well.

Thanks for all the replies.

Worked on St. T for almost a year. Resided in the Red Hook area and did my diving with Red Hook Dive, can't say enough good things about them. They run a tight ship, want things done their way, very safety conscious. Tom, Capt Tabitha, Trevor, 'Big Tuna' Luke and the rest were all great. Site depended on the guests on board. When there were new guests, a few shallower reliable sites would be our destination. If the guests were returns or had been diving a few days, we would venture out further to some more challenging, deeper, diverse sites. I would avoid Coki area. The beach dive is pretty meh until you get out and around the point, but if you get around the point, the current can be quite a ride. Seeing the tourist from Coral World walking by on the snuba helmet trek is kind of wiild. Parking in Red Hook can be a challenge, but I always drove down to shop, dropped gear and parked down the street by the high school. The village of Red Hook has stores, restaurants, grocery etc making it easy to get 2 dives in , grocery shop and still have the afternoon for laundry. I heard great things about Admiralty as well, just never had the time to connect.

I used Admiralty for a 1 day 2 tank thingy(stopped there 1 day off a cruise ship)--
SCUBA DIVING ST. THOMAS | Admiralty Dive Center

They were good considering the diving wasn't too good there,....IMO...Here are UW pics from that day......
St Thomas 2012

Again IMO, you need to go further south ie St Lucia or Dominica to get to the 'good(better) stuff'....:)......

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies. Diver 85, nice pics, I see what you mean with the diving, but this trip was booked as a family trip that I'm trying to squeeze in some diving as well.

Back
Top Bottom