Dive shop or boat owners south Leyte

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andibk

Contributor
Reaction score
I am looking for some contact info for either dive shops or boat owners on the south Eastern side of Leyte. I am interested in doing some deep wreck diving and need some place to help us with gear and such.

andibk

andibk:
I am looking for some contact info for either dive shops or boat owners on the south Eastern side of Leyte. I am interested in doing some deep wreck diving and need some place to help us with gear and such.

andibk

Andi, look into this thread as there is details of the two dive shops there. We are planning a trip for this coming december.
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=127039

As for deep wrecks, I think the Leyte wrecks are far beyond diving ranges for normal humans 300m+... You could check Subic Bay which has some cool wrecks both at recreational depths and at 50m-70m range.

pakman:
As for deep wrecks, I think the Leyte wrecks are far beyond diving ranges for normal humans 300m+... You could check Subic Bay which has some cool wrecks both at recreational depths and at 50m-70m range.

You obviously don't know who posted this question then:D

wedivebc:
You obviously don't know who posted this question then:D

can't say I know him personally, but will be interested if he hits some of the leyte wrecks!:D wonder how much of a PITAS it would be to get some trimix down there. I assume he's using his rebreather?

oops, after some searching, looks like some of the Leyte ships are in the 200m range... USS cooper?

Well just read DrMike's report on andibk, drmike, and cedric's exploration of some caves in Thailand over at rebreatherworld.com... 150m on RB's... nice... Well if you guys get the logistics down for your Leyte trip, I can't wait to read the report!

midwestdvr:
Really into the deepstuff is he? Always been fascinated with the people who do really deep dives.
Yeah, the ones who come back from them are even more fascinating:D

Yes the wrecks are quite deep in this area. Actually we are wanting to dive on the Yamashiro and the Fuso. The Yamashiro is suppose to be in the 210 meter range. The GPS to the Yamashiro can be found on the web however the water is only 130 meters where those GPS headings are. (I have good connections to maps) I know where the water depth is of 210 meters, I am wanting to come over with my friend and use a magnatometer to find the exact location of the wreck. The wreck has been found before and there are actually two other teams wanting to dive the wreck at this time. If anybody can help us with a boat captain who knows the waters there would be of great help. We will be needing support divers to help with the dives and will be inviting people along to help.
The cave exploration in Thailand I actually put that trip together. We are planning on returning to this cave and try some other passages plus take it a bit deeper. This cave seems to be bottom less. I have a few more other caves to check out at the moment also. I put together quite a few of these trips and others are invited along. I have actually been on 9 ancient pottery wrecks in Thailand. Besides running these exploration trips I teach technical courses in between. Normally just technical diving such as cave, trimix and rebreathers.At this time can offer Drager, Azimuth, Kiss, Inspiration, Evolution and Meg courses.
I do spend alot of time in the Philippines and hopefully will spend alot more time in the future. Last time I went to Subic Bay for a planned 10 days that actually turned into a month of nothing but technical wreck courses. I sure did love doing that. I am writing some hyperbaric baric programs at this moment. Once these programs are done I will be teaching these over in the P.I. also.

Here is the latest article I wrote about a exploration of a Ancient pottery wreck in Vietnam

http://www.diver.com.ph/vol3_no2/tech_vietnam.htm

I am actually the lucky or should I say the unluck one with the good looking lady on my arm. My little girl seen this article and ran to her mother. Mommy look here, Papa has a lady with him. Had to do some quick explaining on that. Never did get that girls email address.

andibk

andibk:
Here is the latest article I wrote about a exploration of a Ancient pottery wreck in Vietnam

http://www.diver.com.ph/vol3_no2/tech_vietnam.htm

I am actually the lucky or should I say the unluck one with the good looking lady on my arm. My little girl seen this article and ran to her mother. Mommy look here, Papa has a lady with him. Had to do some quick explaining on that. Never did get that girls email address.

andibk
Awesome read. Good luck with all your planning.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom