Dive shop recommendations in Lagos, Portugal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I took a side trip to Sagres and tried a couple dives there. I did not bring any of my gear (upon threat of pain of death from my wife), so I had to use their rental equipment. It was the first time I used a 7mm wetsuit (I went from warm water to drysuit diving), and the gear was unfortunately not all that good.

In the operator's favor they did have 12L (100 ft^3) steel tanks, but only filled them to 200 bar. The wetsuit was too small and a huge PITA to get on, I had a major free-flow on the secondary before I splashed so I hit the bottom on the Norwegian freighter with about 120 bar (we agreed on a turn pressure of 140). The second dive was much better.

I'd go with the dive operator again. I appreciate how hard it must have been to stay open during the Covid epidemic, but only with my own gear and a drysuit. The diving was quite good and certainly worth return trips

My curiosity about diving in Sagres just increased if after all that you are returning!

200 bar is standard in Portugal. Some dive centers have bigger tanks though (15L). In continental Portugal I always use my drysuit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom