Dive shops in Fort Lauderdale?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very nice organization!! You might want to check the wave forecasts & boat plans for this week in Largo

Curious why you say this? Is there something going on weather wise?

The reason I ask is that my Tacoma engine exploded on the way out of the Keys and was towed to a Toyota dealer for replacement. So I have to go back and get it and want to dive some more. And I am told the truck is ready and that I am much poorer too!

James

Is there something going on weather wise?
There's some waves effecting all of us on Fl East coast the middle of this week and divers are watching NOAA & Windfinder websites. Different size boats and shops have different policies so it just best to be in frequent contact during this week. It's Lobster Mini-season 27th & 28th and the busiest dive week of the year in Florida. Sorry that your truck got sick.

There's some waves effecting all of us on Fl East coast the middle of this week and divers are watching NOAA & Windfinder websites. Different size boats and shops have different policies so it just best to be in frequent contact during this week. It's Lobster Mini-season 27th & 28th and the busiest dive week of the year in Florida. Sorry that your truck got sick.
Well, my plans were for Saturday and Sunday but I can be flexible. Hopefully things will be okay for Jupiter or default back to the Keys for this coming weekend?

Another good store, and it is a stocking Scubapro shop, is about an hour north of Fort Lauderdale, the Jupiter Dive Center. They seem to keep the Scubapro line in decent stock. And they are one of the best dive ops as well.

James

Yeah the weather is not great. We only did one dive yesterday (out of 3 we had planned) and people who never get seasick were barfing. All the dives today got cancelled because of lightning. We are keeping our fingers crossed for the rest of the week. I will be really sad if I have to finish my AOW dives at home in a murky lake 😥

Today was a washout and tomorrow isn't looking too much better. Wednesday expect a sloppy/confused 3 ft sea and poor viz off Broward and Palm Beach. Thursday looking better

For bargains in Lauderdale, try a consignment shop called sailorman. It's very hit & miss. There is mostly junk there, but every now & then & few gems pop up, like a Bauer Jr. compressor with low hours for $1,500 that sold just before I got there. They have good prices on new spear gun bands. Most everything else is used. I've bought some tanks there. I've bought some masks & fins there to leave on the boat as spares.

Surprisingly, I have sometimes found good deals on dive gear at the West Marine in Lauderdale too. It's all new stuff, & prices are usually high, but sometimes, they are closing out a particular item & deals can be had. West is not usually know for low prices.

Brownies has some nice things, but not cheap.

You can't look at and handle the merchandise. You can see all of it online, order it, and pick it up at the front desk. I have done this many times when in Florida and in a hurry to have my new equipment. Their service is superlative

Just saw this... YES you can walk in to the Dive Gear Express store front to "look at and handle the merchandise" ... we have two kiosks where you can browse our website to identify what you would like to see then ask one of our two customer service representatives to retrieve what you want to see and/or handle from our adjacent warehouse. Happens every day for our locals who come in to "try on" for fit or size. Once you have identified what you want, place the order and pay right there and we'll fill it for you immediately..

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom