Dive shops in La Jolla

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaK-Dawg

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I'll be in San diego later this week into next. I'd like to do some shore diving in La Jolla. Any recomendations on a dive shop in or near La Jolla for renting gear?

California Diver:
oex is the worst dive shop in san diego, give josh at dive pro a call
www.diveprosandiego.com

We rented gear from OEX last week. Without a doubt the worst gear rental ever. My son's regulator sputtered throughout the dive. I could hear it humming and sputtering with each breath he took. He was extremely uncomfortable with the delivery of air. The BCD's looked like worn brown leather cowhide vests. They had to be several years old. We used BCD's like this for our pool training during our OW course but I didn't feel comfortable in the ocean with them. We made one dive returned the gear and will never go back.

The guys in the shop were friendly but the only thing OEX has going for it is location.

I don't have enough experience with other dives shops to make a recommendation but I know enough not to rent from OEX again.

Good Luck

Kilroy

Josh is moving to a new location and won't be open other than for fills for the next 2 weeks, so he's not an option. Sports Chalet has good gear as well as Ocean Enterprises. I would call them all up before you have any surprises!

Have a great dive!

Sean

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom