Dive shops in Placencia, Belize?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dvankirk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Wanted to get advise on who to dive with in Placencia. I will be there for a week next month. I've read the posts on here and like the idea of diving a six-pack with Seahorse, but they haven't responded to any of my inquiries. Has anybody dove with them lately? Any other small group options?

afaik the only other two options in that area period are Splash Belize or Avadon.

I would give the edge to Avadon Divers. Great owners, staff and equipment. I have no financial connection... just a lot of satisfied guests at our resort.

Drew Travers
The Maine Stay
Placencia, Belize

While i have not dived with Splash personally, they are on the backpacker trail through Central America and we get a lot of their former guests diving with us as they move south to Panama. I have heard wonderful things about their operation (and have seen many great pictures) from our dive guests and i hope to dive with them soon.

We dove with Seahorse Dive Shop a few years back and found their dive masters to be very controlling. To the point that they pissed my wife off after yelling at her for not getting back on the boat fast quick enough - which was hard cause the ladder was occupied. That incident and several others lead to a chat with Brian Jr. who runs Seahorse Dive Shop. YMMV.

Last edited by a moderator:
We dove with Seahorse Dive Shop a few years back and found their dive masters to be very controlling. To the point that they pissed my wife off after yelling at her for not getting back on the boat fast quick enough - which was hard cause the ladder was occupied. That incident and several others lead to a chat with Brian Jr. who runs Seahorse Dive Shop. YMMV.

I don't know Brian Jr., but Patti Ramirez has been running Splash for at least the last coouple of years. She is a PADI course director and a true professional. I had the honor of doing some of Patti's early training (I think I did her AOW and rescue classes) and know that she puts a strong emphasis on customer service. While I have not dived with her since she started running Splash, I do get many positive reports from the backpackers who travel through Central America and i am looking forward to going to Placencia and diving with her operation (as soon as I can get some time away from my shop!).

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom