Dive Shops in South East Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello fellow Floridians!

I'm hoping some of you can point me in the right direction.

I'm trying to find some of the "bigger" dive shops along the East coast of South Florida (Miami, Palm Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, etc). A Google search of "south Florida dive shop" reveals tons of places (as I'm sure you can imagine), and without living there or driving all around South FL its hard to know where people actually go and which ones are well known in the area.

Anyone have any tips about some of the bigger and well known dive shops in SE Florida?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Caitlin

So far with my short diving career, I am a big fan of Force-E's Riviera Beach store (Haven't been to their other stores) as are my much more experienced dive buddies. I know they have a few locations so I consider them to be a big shop.

I also shop at a smaller shop close to my house on a regular basis as well.

So far with my short diving career, I am a big fan of Force-E's Riviera Beach store (Haven't been to their other stores) as are my much more experienced dive buddies. I know they have a few locations so I consider them to be a big shop.

I also shop at a smaller shop close to my house on a regular basis as well.

I agree... most of my shopping is done at force-e or diver's direct.

Too add to the OP's request, can you also add which shops are considered the best for dive trips, large and small (6 packs), best service, safety etc..

Well, my very favorite isn't one of the "biggest" but it is one of the oldest, if not THE oldest, shop in Broward County and their prices are just as good as the "big guys". He's got a very loyal, long-time following. It's where I get 98% of my gear. UnderSeas Sports, tell Matt that Debby sent you.

What is the obsession with biggest store? I think that Divers Direct has the biggest size stores, although probably half of them tend to be clothes/swimwear. Force-E has been around forever, so has Dixie Divers and Scuba Network, both of which are in Deerfield Beach. Dixie Divers is a decent sized store that is just crammed to the gills full of stuff. Their boat is the Lady Go Diver, which I've heard decent things about.

Yep, agree with you ^^^. Dixie Divers and Force E are very good places as well. They both have tons of repeat customers. I love both places.

I find Dixie to be way over priced with the crappiest rental gear (think tie wraps to "fix" a broken clip on the very old non weight integrated BCD).

I did like my instructors Serge and Jim for my OW at Dixie.

I am a Force-E fan though and try to give them all my non-online business.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom