Dive site northern MA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rainer:
It's a great boat and crew, no doubt, but how is this a shore dive? :D I mean, I *guess* when it's docked...

Heather dropped her sunglasses in the marina once and recovered them when we came back. I suppose that could be a shore dive, but she did a giant stride off the back of the boat, so it's a boat dive, too. The SCUBA Police reprimanded her afterwards for diving without a PADI "Boat Marina Diving" certification....

I second... No third... I agree.

The Gauntlet is the S**t.

If you count a boat as a shore.

orc301:
I'm staying in Sailsbury MA for a week in June. Anyone have a suggestion for a close dive site (Shore dive)? Preferably in MA as I have my lobster license.... Thanks

You didn't say where you were coming from, so I am not sure how familiar you are with the area... I live in Salisbury and dive the area all the time. As far as shore dives north of Cape Ann, there is nothing except sand - lots of sand! There are a few good dive spots accesible by boat north of Cape Ann, but your best bet, as others have said, is to drive the ~40 minutes over to Cape Ann - Gloucester and Rockport (see other suggestions) as there are plenty of shore diving and lobster opportunities there.

Again, not knowing where you are coming from - are you bringing your equipment, or renting? As others have said, there is Cape Ann Divers in Gloucester, or several other shops a little closer to Salisbury. Feel free to email me before you head out and I can update you on then current conditions and recommendations.

-jeff

What an awsome response.... I just joined the forum and overwhelmed by all the helpful comments.... Jeff I am staying at Sailsbury beach for the week, I own all my own gear. I was hoping to avoid the 40 minute drive to cape anne, and do a quick dive in the area.... Are there any charters that go out of that area Sailsbury, hampton etc?.... I am going down the last week of June, If your interested in getting in a dive I might need a buddy.... thanks again everyone for your responses......

There are several operations running out of that area. I haven't personally dove with any of them, but i have heard really good things (from people i trust) about captain Rob's operation. www.captainrobs.com I know that PG Dive in Newton, MA uses him for some of their charters, so if captain rob's site says he is booked on your date, it may be worth checking pg's site, and get in with their charter. www.pgdive.com

Good luck

Has anyone read A Shore Diving Guide to New England by Jerry Shine? I would recommend it here, but being that I haven't read it, I'll leave it to other to say whether it is worth getting.

Back
Top Bottom