Dive Slates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DIR Tec Diver once bubbled...

Not trying to be a jerk, but ditch the wrist slate and stick with wet notes...

We are exploring options and alternatives. We all know your way is the only correct way to "do it right", but we kinda like doing the Sinatra way....Sing along "I did it myyyyyyyy wayyyyyyyy".

:spaninq:

The best thing I have found are wet notes. You can find them here if you want to order online - http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wc...001&langId=-1&catalogId=10001&productId=36778. The best thing about them is that they are so cheap you can be several.

With those, I like to use the pop up lead pencils. I find these in the school supplies at my local grocery store. They are great too because when I break a lead, I can simply push it out the top and place it in the the bottom and a new lead pops out the top.

thanks

LVX

You can do that with gloves on? Try a 7mm mechanical pencil. You just bump it against yourself when you need to get more lead, and you can get whatever type of hardness refills you like at any office supply store.

:wink:

I could see myself going nuts trying to grip one of those things with my heavy dry gloves on.

I barely have the dexterity to open a bolt snap with one hand.

Believe it or not, I can. I have tried mechanical pencils and they always seem to give me problems.

Too each his/ her own I guess. As far as pencils are concerned anyway.

LOL

LVX

I think the yellow disposables with a long piece of .7 mm lead and a twist at the base would work pretty well.

The spring in them is only used to guide the lead down as you twist them. I wouldn't think you would have to worry about rust or anything like that.

Carpender pencils work great. Pretty hard to break the tip off and they are big and easy to handle. Dont roll around either.

:spaninq:

thanks for your kind words....

it was nice to see you yesterday and all the other 60 members of the israeli forum on the diving forum meeting....

i have tried what you said and it works great. thanks lots.

I use plastic license plate blanks, cut to desired size. You can get 'em from just about any screen printer - they are cheap, white, the right thickness, and you can write on 'em "right out of the box."
I also like wet notes.
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom