Dive trip Jan19-24/18

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pfirejack

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
just completed 4 days diving with Salty Endeavors. 17 dives including 2 night dives. (Please forgive my spelling)Dove Maricabo , Montanes, Canterell & Barracuda. Just to point out the highlights. At Canterell on 2 dives seen 12 spotted eagles rays do a swim by on 3 different occasions. Was incredible. Spotted a seahorse dont get that too often. Instructors Ray , Aeris & Frazer all were awesome. Owner Henry lead 2 dives. The man has eyes like an eagle. Dont know how he can spot the little stuff from such a distance. Also stayed at Salty Endeavors rental suite. Was nice & clean lots of hot water & quiet. Was valet diving at its finest no rush surface intervals lots of water & snacks & even mayan bbq for lunch some days. I was treated like family not a customer Can’t wait to return.

what awesome luck you had to see so many eagle rays! Thanks for sharing your insights and highlights! Nice to hear about your experience with a dive operator I have not heard mentioned. Continued safe travels to you.

Thanks for the review. Looks like you got to visit a wide variety of sites. Can you give some more information concerning the rental? Where was it located, do you need a vehicle, cost?

Thanks for the review. Looks like you got to visit a wide variety of sites. Can you give some more information concerning the rental? Where was it located, do you need a vehicle, cost?
Excellent questions. I would add boat amenities, SI, communication, dive time limits etc.

Hi all,

I'm the eagle-eye owner named Henry which pfirejack discusses in the original post.Speaking of, thanks for the kind words, pfirejack.

For those of you commenting about not hearing of us before, its because we are fairly new around these parts, December 1, 2017 to be exact, but not new to the game.

what awesome luck you had to see so many eagle rays! Thanks for sharing your insights and highlights! Nice to hear about your experience with a dive operator I have not heard mentioned. Continued safe travels to you.

It's not too uncommon for us, actually. If you dig around the web you'll find photos of schools numbering 25 - 40 ore more. We are harbored in Puerto Abrigo, and winter is our favorite time of year. Just 5-10 minutes out of harbor and we can almost count on seeing good numbers of eagle rays.

Yes, we do get around the island dive sites. When I first purchased the boat the former owner had a fuel tank in it that could barely make it to Palancar and back before running dangerously low on fuel. During our off season boat remodel I increased fuel capacity nearly 200% so now we dive point to point.

I have an apartment which I rent out, on property with my home. For now that is the only property we rent, but that will be changing in the very near future. At $20/nightly for 2 people it is a very basic rental back in the local neighborhood of Independencia. It has 3 double beds so can accommodate up to 6 people. I think pfirejack must be loosing his hearing though because I don't know anywhere in Mexico that is quiet! We are 12 blocks from the water, and 10 blocks from central park, so although you can walk, a taxi is preferred by most during the summer.

Excellent questions. I would add boat amenities, SI, communication, dive time limits etc.

I own a single 6pk boat, fully sun shaded, fast. On board we provide a personal dry bag for each diver. Inside the dry bag is your towel, rain jacket, reef-safe sunblock, and fruit/granola bars. We also offer fresh fruit and cold water. As pfirejack noted on days when divers are doing 4 or 5 dives with us I also provide lunch so they aren't rushing trying to eat between boats. If I can figure out how to roof mount the darn things we'll have solar heated freshwater showers on board, too. We do not impose a dive time limit, but we do ask if you plan to dive significantly longer than 60 minutes to let us know so we can plan accordingly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom