Dive Videos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

briankinley2004

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Here are a couple of videos I compiled from our trip this month. I used a GoPro Hero with a cheap red filter. I found close ups turn out better with the filter but it doesn't seem to help at a distance.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="Cozumel 2013 3rd day - YouTube" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="Cozumel 2013 Last Dive Day - YouTube" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Diving with Living Underwater

Here are a couple of videos I compiled from our trip this month. I used a GoPro Hero with a cheap red filter. I found close ups turn out better with the filter but it doesn't seem to help at a distance.

[youtubehq]IzaGrvNqJVY[/youtubehq]

[youtubehq]H8t9zlPh-Zw[/youtubehq]

Better?

Thanks for sharing!

Can you please say which GoPro you used, and which filter? Also how did you handle the camera (e.g., on wrist, or ipole, or hand held, etc)?

I'll be in Coz soon with a GoPro for the first time. I'd love to know more about your setup, as I have yet to decide which filter to buy, or which mounting option to use, etc.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the repair work Chief. I can barely work my dive computer what more this one! Rubber Duck I used the Go Pro Hero with the non wifi LCD back pack. Its an older one not even a Hero2. As for the set up I used both a wrist and head strap but when I filmed I just held it. I found the wrist strap hard to see the LCD screen and of course you can see nothing with the head strap. I would use the straps to secure the camera on backroll or when I needed my hands. As for the filter I bought it used. It was a simple round plastic disc in a lens housing made for it. I am not sure of the brand but I had to change the lens on the housing to accomodate it. I think thats why there is a circle around the perimeter of the frame as this is not present with the factory lens. Now that I know how much the red filter helps close up I plan to buy one of the big flat ones like advertised on here. The screen option helps you see what you are filming but kills the battery. I found it easiest using the hand held option and just turning the camera on when I got ready to film. My battery would make it through 2 dives that way. If you put the filter in I recommend doing one dive without the camera just to check for leaks. I had none but the screws made me nervous.

Thanks so much for all the info. That helps to give me an idea of what to expect. I have the LCD screen as well. I'm probably going to get the Backscatter red flip filter. Just a few more months and perhaps I'll have some nice videos to share as well!

Back
Top Bottom