Dive with Your Smartphone for $24.95

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba.com

Dive Shop
Reaction score
H2O
Waterproof Gobag
$24.95

• World's only magnetic self-sealing dry bag. Phones and electronics are fully functional through the dry bag, allowing for voice and audio without the need for headphones or audio jack. The GoBag is waterproof up to 100 feet (60 meters) and comes in three colors: Blue, Black and Yellow.
  • Small size will fit: iPhone4S, HTC One Mini
  • Medium size will fit: iPhone5, iPhone6, Samsung Galaxy S4 & S5
  • Large size will fit: iPad, iPad Mini, Kindle, Samsung Tablet
  • Sizes: Small - 6" x 3.5" (15 X 9 cm), Medium - 6.4" x 4.4" (16 X 11 cm) and Large - 11.7" x 8.9" (30 X 23 cm)

Akona
Roller Backpack Bag
Retail: $300.00 - 17% Off
$249.95
Innovative
Balanzza Mini Luggage Scale
$23.95
free-ship.gif
stars5.gif
Customer review from Christopher
"Just returned from my first dive trip with this bag. The back fully accommodated my fins, BCD, 2 wetsuits, and misc gear PLUS all my clothes, etc. If you're a serious traveling diver, this is the bag to own."
The smallest digital luggage scale available in the market allows travelers to weigh luggage before check-in and avoid costly overweight luggage fees. Offers auto shut-off, pound or kilogram display options and 100-pound (44Kgs.) weight capacity.

Scuba
Boat Coat / Dive Parka with Hood and Polar Fleece Lining.
Retail: $165.00 - 64% Off
$59.95
Watershot
Splash Housing Kit for iPhone 6
$129.99
free-ship.gif
Free Polar Fleece Beanie Included - a $20.00 Value
stars5.gif
Customer review from Burt
"I was delighted when I opened up the package & put on the Scuba Boat Coat. It was of a much better quality than I expected & feel its comparable to aftter dive coats that cost $175 or more. I also plan to use it as an overcoat in the snow."
The Spash housing for iPhone 6 is touch screen capable and created for all day use in and around the water. Standing apart as a more multifunctional housing, it features touchscreen access above water, access to power and voume controls in water for shutter use, more compact design and comes complete with two high quality galss lenses - flat and wide angle. The robus housing features a tripod mount, lanyard, and a depth rating of 33 feet (10 meters).Comes in 3 Colors: Aqua, Pink and Black

free-ship-blank.gif

It is 525$ (650 - 100 - 25) now in Costco with T-Mobile. Will it help you ? :)
Better to dive in metric than imperial :)

HAHAHA, didn't even see the 60 meters... wow. Someone messed up their conversion... Wonder which one's right?

Also, I have a 128gb iPhone 6 plus. So definitely closer to $1000 than $500 :)

THRASH - sorry for your bad experience. I have ordered several items from Scuba.com going back to 2007. For me, the items I have purchased couldn't or wouldn't be matched price-wise by other online retailers or LDS. The only problem I encountered was my own fault. I had ordered a spare battery for a camera, which I wound up not using for about 2 years. Of course when I decided to use it, it wouldn't hold a charge and I was past the warranty on it and they would not replace it. Other than that, they have been helpful on the few calls I have made to customer service.

Regardless of whether service was good or bad I would still always say shop around!

No way I am going to haul a phone around underwater unless they pay me more than $24.95

I also had a bad experience with Scuba.com. At some point they were selling used depth gauges. I was in the market for a new Sherwood depth gauge because I liked the faceplate design. Ok, I am a sucker who likes sometimes things for how they look. Then I see they have the same item but used for less. So, I bought one. When it came, what they shipped was a Genisis brand, completely different faceplate, of cause.

Thing is, when I called, they were like, ah, it is a generic image, you shouldn't have thought we actually would send you a new version of Sherwood depth gauge... ha-ha. Even though they had a picture of it on the used item. There was no swaying them. You see, it was my mistake by assuming they would ship what they display. Bad customer, bad.

Never bought anything since from Scuba.com as I can never be sure what I receive and then be made to feel like a dumb-ass because they would advertise one thing but then I'd get another of lesser value. I see shopping there as too complicated, too many mind games. I cannot keep up!

Who needs that? There are other shops.

One time leisure pro sent me an item that was different from their photo, they paid for shipping it back. No hard feelings. But that time with scuba.com I remember. Years have passed but I remember it well, like yesterday. I still feel I was cheated. I still feel the rage at being an incompetent customer of theirs. Sometimes I see their items in google search and all of the sudden the memories surface. I got a message for you, scuba.com, I remember. You might not remember me but I remember you.

Last edited:
Why would I want to do this? Besides, I have a dumb cell phone...

my guess is that any dry bag that is "self-sealing" is also self-opening.

I think a ziploc bag would work just as well for a smartphone (or dumbphone).

I can never be sure what I receive and then be made to feel like a dumb-ass because they would advertise one thing but then I'd get another
In other "industry" when you come and see other girl that was advertised on internet, it called "Typical Photo".
May be they just need to add such remark on web site ? :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom