Dive Workshops?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Todd:

You're offering the use of a video cameral? That sounds awesome... If we get a pool locally, you'll come down and dive with us while filming?

BTW... If you don't already have your info up on the DSD website, let me know and I'll put yours up there...

Sure thing.......... I'll bring a couple of still cameras as well in case anyone wants to give it a go. I'm pretty flexible schedulewise, so just give me shout when you pick a date.

Todd

December 7th? It's a Sunday.

We can get a pool locally... Is there anything up there in terms of facilities to dive and work on skills in? Pool, perhaps?

The pools up here are expensive, but I can get one for $50/hr. Unfortunately, I keep picking the wrong lottery numbers, so we haven't built one yet.

Todd

"$50/hr??!" Wow...

Well, I can get them free here. I know I can get the use of a pool here at no charge, although it's a community pool, and the deep end is less than 6' deep. For skills, though, it doesn't work out bad at all.

We may be able to get something else here that's deep... There's a hotel here locally that may rent out their pool that has a legit "deep end." I'll look into that.

There's also Murray near you... And Jocassee's up the way. That's got a "hot hole" which would be nicely warmed in the winter.

There's also Ginnie Springs and Blue Grotto... Those are not too far of a drive, and 72* year round. They also have crystal clear waters that would be a blast to video in.

Sounds like we have possibly a Blue Grotto trip to plan? :)

Glad you jarred my memory! I'll be at Devil's Den & Blue Grotto the 6th and 7th Dec......... doing certs.

You're kidding. What a coincidence. :)

Anyone want to head down to Blue Grotto that weekend?

It typically costs about $20 each way for gas from SC, and is something like a five hour drive. Hotels - the ones meant for divers - are clean and functional, but old... And around $35 per night. We could do two days/one night and dive Sat and Sun. There are other springs in the area, too, if we get bored.

Last I looked, I think it was something like $25 per day for unlimited diving... Plus $5 per tank fill or $10 per tank if you need to rent the whole tank.

So... For about $90 per person (including gasoline, meals, split a room, air fills and entrance fees), we could make a weekend out of that. We could dive all day Satrurday and Sunday, and party all night Saturday night. You might spend a little more if you need to rent gear.

Robyn and I typically plan on $150 per person, with the rest sitting around as "allowance."

Anyone up for that?

Ginnie Springs is a possibility too... Or Devil's Den...

Why is it that the weekends I work are the one's that everyone picks for diving? I seem to have the off schedule for work and diving vs the rest of the dive world. ;-0

I love Ginnie Springs. It takes me about 5 1/2 hours to drive there. I ususally leave Friday night and return home on Sunday afternoon. But, I have not been able to connect up and go in awhile with anyone.

Well, what weekends look better for you? Let's kick some dates around...

I really have to stay dry until January. Between work schedules, family obligations, birthdays, holidays and my son and his family moving back in December, I have no free dates until January.

I am not too upset about that, just wishing I did not work on weekends. I used to be off all weekends last year, but I changed jobs and still have not got accustomed to working them. My coworkers are pretty good though about rearranging schedules so I can be off for a dive trip.

Have fun on the 6 and 7th. I will make it on another time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom