Divebook Pro - Lost All Dive Info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wreckdiversam

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I looked to see if this had been discussed but I could not find it anywhere. Several years ago I started using Divebook Pro as my only dive log. I transferred all my logs into this app. Well, after the last IOS update the app is no longer supported and I cannot get my dive info. Not a huge deal but I don't even know the number of dives I've been on. I was coming up on #100 but I'm not sure the exact number. I've reached out to the developer (a member here) but he doesn't seem to be active on the board. Anybody else had this trouble? I guess I'm going to have to go back to a paper log and start over.

Forget about paper. Digital data is still much better sorry you had a bad experience with a defunct app that failed due to circumstances beyond your control.

100% agree. Don't give up yet! Your data should be recoverable somehow...

Going forward, I wouldn't use any log that wouldn't let me export into some common, non-proprietary format. MacDive does this as CSV, DAN ZXU, PDF, UDDF, UDCF, or XML. Hardware and software are temporary. Data should be forever.

As with all data, good backup is always important.

restore phone from icloud backup > export data > reupgrade phone and move to app that you can import / export to. I like "Dive Log" and MacDive.

As others have said, your data is probably still there so a roll back of the IOS would probably be all you'd need. And, of course, a backup of the dive data (and any other important files) is always a good thing. I keep my logbook on two different computers each running the logging software (in case an update of one eliminates access to the data). I also keep a log on my web site so dive operators can see it when I travel.

I’m having the same issue, but I’d updated my phone several times before I realized the app wouldn’t update. So now, over a year later, I’m still trying to figure out how to get my logs.

It is hypothetically possible to extract the app data from a backup - I've done that before.

I followed these instructions last time. It likely won't have it organized in a good format, though. The answers to this question on stackexchange list a number of other (easier) ways to extract the data, like PhoneView. Hopefully some work for you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom