Diveheart

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ablake

Reaction score
Diveheart Foundation Official Website

DIVEHEART INSTRUCTOR & BUDDY TRAINING COURSE
DIVEHEART FOUNDATION TRAINING IN
SAN DIEGO - CALIFORNIA
At this very moment, specially trained Diveheart instructors are training and certifying people with disabilities all over the world. You are invited to join this elite group of dedicated Instructors and buddies!!

The Diveheart Instructor/Buddy Training Course has been taught to dive professionals all over the world from Australia to China & all over the U.S. & Caribbean.

The Diveheart course for instructors & buddies is very unique and has compiled the best practices that exist in the field of disabled dive training from organizations both in and out of the dive industry…..like the Handicapped Scuba Association, SDI’s “Scubility” program, the American Blind Skiing Foundation & more.

In just three action-packed days, you will learn about a variety of disabilities, what accessibility means as well as go thru empathy training so you will know what it is like to dive with a disability. During a full day of lecture you will be introduced to over 13 types of disabilities, Diveheart training procedures and multilevel certification, special considerations for classroom and in-water training, equipment and accessibility.

During a full day of confined water training, you will dive as a paraplegic with your legs tied together. You’ll wear a blacked out mask so you can relate to diving blind, and be put into typically problematic training scenarios to experience what your students will experience. As a scuba instructor, you teach your students to do what you do. If you haven’t experienced what they will experience, you do not have the tools to teach them. This will give you the tools.

Student logistics can change significantly when disabilities are introduced into your tried- and-true training procedures. The half-day open water training will prepare you to be flexible when you are conducting open water training and dive planning.
DIVEHEART INSTRUCTOR AND BUDDY
TRAINING COURSE APPLICATION

Date: May 19th – 23rd 2010
Special Discover Diving program Wednesday, May 19th
Training conducted by H.S.A Course Director,
SDI Instructor Trainer, PADI Instructor
And Diveheart Founder Jim Elliott

DIVEHEART TRAINING FEES: $ 375 Instructor $200 Dive Buddy
$ 20.00 pool fee to be paid upon arrival. Price includes training & materials, specific agency registration & certification card is extra (example: H.S.A Handicapped Scuba Association or SDI Scubility specialty)

Wednesday, May 19th 6p – 10p – Classroom – Place TBA
Thursday, May 20th 6p – 10p. – Classroom and instruction — Place TBA
Friday May 21st 6p – 10pm – Pool training and instruction – Location and time TBA
· Saturday, May 22nd 1pm – 9pm Pool training, and instruction -- Discover Scuba Program
· Sunday May 23rd 7am -- Open water training – and final Exam following open water.

THE AMOUNT OF TIME REQUIRED FOR EACH DAY MAY VARY. PLEASE DO NOT MAKE ANY PLANS THAT WILL INTERFERE WITH ANY OF THESE DAYS THAT MAY START EARLIER OR END LATER.

EQUIPMENT REQUIRED
You will need a full set of SCUBA gear, including a wetsuit. You will be in the water for long periods of time and will get cold if you are not properly dressed.
Tanks will be available for rent onsite – or bring your own.
There will be an additional fee if any open water boat dives are added.
If you are from out of town, you will need to provide your own lodging.
Certification opportunities will be available thru H.S.A. - (Handicapped Scuba Association & the SDI (Scuba Diving International) Scubility program.

DIVEHEART ITC & BTC ENROLLMENT APPLICATION

For more information contact Alan Blake (ablakediving@cox.net) 619 885 1795 or Jim Elliott at Diveheart, 630-964-1983, info@diveheart.com PAYMENT: $375 (instructor training) or $200 (buddy training), add $5 to have the materials mailed to you in advance. Send check and registration information to: Alan Blake
FEES DUE PRIOR TO BEGINNING OF COURSE

YES, please enroll me! Date _____/_____/_____, here is my payment, by check.

Name ____Alan R Blake__________________________________________________

Address ___10897 Charing Cross Rd_________________ City __Spring Valley___

State/Province ___California__________________ Zip _____91978__________

Phone _619 660 1108___________ email ablakediving@cox.net________________

Certification agency__PADI______________ LevelOWSI/MSDT__________ Date__________

THOSE WISHING TO PARTICIPATE IN THE DIVEHEART INSTRUCTOR TRAINING PLEASE COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING:
CERTIFICATION: [ X ] INSTRUCTOR [ ] ASSISTANT INSTRUCTOR [ ] DIVE MASTER

Certification registration number: _186387___________ Date certified: __22_/_Oct_/_2006__

***Make check payable to The Diveheart Foundation***

Hi abblake (Diveheart)
I met this group and Jim Elliot on a trip to Cozumel last December as a non-diver. I was so impressed and touched by the dedication of the people there that it pushed me to get certified. In March I took a class and was certified on a trip to the Cayman Brac. I am a NYS employee with the Office of Developmental Disabilities and am used to working with the handicapped. I don't feel confident enough to volunteer as a diving instructor or buddy, but if there are other volunteer positions I would love to know about them. I did tell Jim if I ever became certified he would hear from me!
Irene

The Diveheart Florida team gather together to plan for the busy upcoming Dive season….pictured are Mike, Kevin, Alejandro Guerrero Roy Wasson, Kerry, Connie, Dr. Angel Colon, Willy, Chad Chernet, Worth O'Brien and Frank Young

wish you could too, I am looking for insturctors and divemasters to make this work,

Hey guy's gale's Im really hoping if your near the San Diego area , and you are a diver of any level really , you would want to take this class, make a difference in the lives of someone not just by sending money but actually see the change you make in that life, call me 619 885 1795

Back
Top Bottom