Diveland Park This Sunday 5-21-06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kylepreid

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Seaventures is taking a trip to diveland park this sunday for a day trip. They plan on meeting at sea ventures at 7:30 am, or you can just drive to the park yourself. They plan on meeting at the park for 10:00 am. Heather and I are going to go and check it out and get in a couple of dives. If anyone wants to join us let me know and maybe we can caravan down there. You can get all the info on the park and directions from this website http://www.headsouth.com/diveland/ I hope some of you guys can make it out.

Kyle

Just want to give you guys a report on dive land park. First of all it blows blue water away, second, its alot shorter of a drive. We got ther around 10:30 this morning and there were already 5 other people waiting, I guess we all forgot about the hour time change once you hit alabama, so we were all early. The facilitys there are nice, they had tables with new umbrellas to keep out of the sun, the changing room had plenty of space to suit up. The restroom was a port a pot, but was kept up and was clean. The quarry was real nice. There were lots of fish to look at, and lots of sunken stuff on the bottom to check out too. The viz was great for a quarry, 30-40 ft at times. The only thing bad I have to say is that it was cold. We hit a thermocline at 30 ft and the temp went from 70 to 65. Well in a 3mm that makes a difference, needless to say heather and I didn't go very deep. I would definatly go back to dive ther again, so we should try and plan a loonie bird trip out there sometime soon. Here are some pics I took with my new camera. Let me know what you think.
Kyle

Kyle,
Nice photos. I was debating joining you but decided that it was too far for a one day trip from Athens. I would love to do it at some point though. Thanks for the report.
Brian

Kyle,
Great pics and a nice report. Question: How long did it take you to drive out there from Atlanta?

Jeremy

From Athens to Diveland Park: 3 hours, 15 minutes according to www.mapquest.com... Not too bad for me to drive for ~3 hours, it will be like "2 hours, 15 minutes" since it's 1 hour earlier in Alabama. I would need to stop by and get some dives in! :)

BTW, good report and cool pictures!

Argh... I used Google Maps and it added 1 hour / 15 miles to what I get a MapQuest. Oh well. I may need to take that trip next time around...

JKSteger:
Kyle,
Great pics and a nice report. Question: How long did it take you to drive out there from Atlanta?

Jeremy
It took us about 2 1/2 hours, but that was with a few stops (gas, food, women having to pee, etc etc etc). It was not that bad of a drive, it was alot better than going to blue water.

Kyle

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom