Diveline - vaporware that no one is excited about

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's going to be tough to make a good dive computer on top of everything else you're doing at this stage. Focus on your core technology and let the other stuff come later. Unless you're really prepared to develop a competitively good dive computer from scratch. Personally if I were going to use this locator I'd prefer to mount it next to my Shearwater. Maybe partnering with one of the dive computer companies for a combo unit later on is a better bet than investing serious work in developing your own computer that would have to compete with the existing players in their game.

It's going to be tough to make a good dive computer on top of everything else you're doing at this stage. Focus on your core technology and let the other stuff come later. Unless you're really prepared to develop a competitively good dive computer from scratch. Personally if I were going to use this locator I'd prefer to mount it next to my Shearwater. Maybe partnering with one of the dive computer companies for a combo unit later on is a better bet than investing serious work in developing your own computer that would have to compete with the existing players in their game.
Wise words thank you. Maybe we can put a computer in their as an option where people can use it as a backup if desired.
Yes partnering is an option to consider.

This. Also, you are aiming much too high for the MVP (minimum viable product). You need sales of the MK 1 (return-to-boat only) to fund development of the MK 2 (+direction to buddy) which will then offer a software upgrade to the MK 2 mod 1 (+alert to buddy) which will fund development of the MK 3 (+PDM to buddy/team) which will...MK 4 (+tank pressure broadcast) etc.

Also, I may have the order wrong: if return-to-boat requires a piece of boat hardware, that might push later in the priority stack -- that means only a dive op will purchase. If you start with direction to buddy and/or alert to buddy, that by itself is a viable product for individual buddy pairs to purchase.

(In fact, you could start by introducing the starter product: Diveline Yo! -- a zero-UI wristband that proves your technology and company by offering just a button that will send a vibrate alert to your buddy/team. I'd buy that in a heartbeat to get away from the rattle/tankbanger/etc.)

what runs through the wire/tether line?

I'd encourage more text in the video telling folks what the UI is communicating. I could follow the arrowhead moving in the circle. I could see the "distance" reading. The rest was nebulous for me.

I'd encourage more text in the video telling folks what the UI is communicating. I could follow the arrowhead moving in the circle. I could see the "distance" reading. The rest was nebulous for me.

My guess is a communication lead from an FFM, but it could also be a wired tank pressure transducer.

This. Also, you are aiming much too high for the MVP (minimum viable product). You need sales of the MK 1 (return-to-boat only) to fund development of the MK 2 (+direction to buddy) which will then offer a software upgrade to the MK 2 mod 1 (+alert to buddy) which will fund development of the MK 3 (+PDM to buddy/team) which will...MK 4 (+tank pressure broadcast) etc.

Also, I may have the order wrong: if return-to-boat requires a piece of boat hardware, that might push later in the priority stack -- that means only a dive op will purchase. If you start with direction to buddy and/or alert to buddy, that by itself is a viable product for individual buddy pairs to purchase.

(In fact, you could start by introducing the starter product: Diveline Yo! -- a zero-UI wristband that proves your technology and company by offering just a button that will send a vibrate alert to your buddy/team. I'd buy that in a heartbeat to get away from the rattle/tankbanger/etc.)
This is absolutely awesome input / advice. I appreciate your input very much sir! I will send a lengthy feed on the above once I get to a computer :) When I was almost giving up posting anything on SB I get a reply like this to bring me back!

Bluetooth runs in the cable. The Navcom transponder is mounted on the tank. The computer unit stays at easy reach at the front of the diver. can be clipped to the BCD etc. Bluetooth connects both units. The Navcom unit can be used on it's Own. For example mount on a student etc.
Very good advice on having Captions. Got more videos to come :). Rest of the numbers on the display are my heading / depth, target heading / depth. The blue arrow head is north .

Attachments

• DL_FB 030720.jpg
    DL_FB 030720.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 74

Back
Top Bottom