Divemaster course advice please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The decal only does one thing. It proves you purchased a new set of divemaster materials. You have to put it on your application for it to be processed. You keep it until your training is complete and you have met all requirements and send your application in. Your instructor never actually needs to even see your decal if you mail in your own application like I did. Instructor only needs to sign.
You say this instructor is a friend?

Thank you everyone,

I contacted PADI at the same time as I posted, I was just concerned I wouldn’t get their response in time - the instructor wanted my decal that day. I got the same information (the decal is mine and not registered to him) and have told him I’m not giving it to him and starting afresh with a shop where I’ll get the full DM course and experience I want.

I really appreciate your responses and advice as, together with PADI’s, it reinforced my initial thinking and gave me the confidence to push back on his demands.

Looking forward to getting a real DM certification soon!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom