Divemaster course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure about now but a few years ago you could definitely buy any PADI card upto DM on KS
I was on a boat in Pattaya one day when two Thai divers turned up for 2 days of diving.
They dived alone & had DM cert cards with them.
The dive operation did a search on the website & found that the cards were fake.
Luckily the two divers did not harm themselves or anybody else & lost their cards & a second days diving.
Apparently the cards did look realistic.

Not sure about now but a few years ago you could definitely buy any PADI card upto DM on KS.
Apparently the cards did look realistic.

I don't see any other benefits than being able to "show off" to other (lower certified) divers with owning a fake DM, OWSI, MI or CD card.
The funny thing though is that likely upon submerging themselves in the water, the "lower certified" divers will have to come to the rescue of the fake "dive pro's".

One must be outlandishly foolish to purchase a fake DM card and to actually go diving (or drowning!).

:D

Another real tip-off might be that very few instructors, and certainly no CDs I've ever met, actually use their actual card when going diving for fun. Most instructors will whip out their AOW or Master Scuba Diver card so they can simply relax and have any unwanted responsibilities placed on them.

I've always found that you use whatever card you want to be treated as - if you want to be a Course Director, you'll use that.

I have found that, as mentioned, I will dive with my rescue card and I get very different attention. Disappointingly, I'm rarely asked for my card at all.

i have never been asked for a my card in Thailand (except at tesco's :D )

it seems to be you simply sign the waiver, show no proof of competency and off you go

Depends who you dive with IMO. Most ask for a card, at least the big two in Pattaya. The same for big operations in KT and small operators I've been out with in the Phuket area.

i have never been asked for a my card in Thailand (except at tesco's :D )
it seems to be you simply sign the waiver, show no proof of competency and off you go

Many shops WILL ask for your C-card before you book with them. They will NOT book you if they can not verify your certification.
:D

can we get back to bashing AQUANUTS for Spaming this board.. It like when your behind a bus and some a-- throws something out a window, dont ya just want to jump on board and beat some green sense into them... Bout time someone finally told AquaNUTS about their adverts.

But all I really want is world peace.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom