Divemaster crew pack question.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wizard1325

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have an older crew pack which has the workbook

the new version 3.0 2013 I just purchased again lol because I go deployed last time and couldnt start the class. Well. They do not come with the work book.

my instructor told me I am so lucky to have that workbook. Thats they do not make them anymore.

my question is was he hinting on that most of the answer or questions come from yhe work book? And thats what I should be really studying?

The Workbook is really great since it goes through the rationale for each right and wrong answer in the problem sets. It's great for self-study. While it is no longer included in the DM crew pack, it's still required material for the IDC (with the Dive Theory Online e-learning an acceptable alternative), for which the diving theory exams are much more involved. There's no reason a DM candidate cannot own this resource, however, and the books are available new through Amazon, Leisure Pro and other sources.

Thanks I think

The Workbook is still being produced. It now comes in one of the IDC Crew Packs, not in the DM ones any more. It is not 'required' for the IDC, but very highly recommended It's a great study-tool to get candidates to the required theory level needed to pass the IDC/IE.

The Workbook covers the theory in much more detail than is needed to pass the DM exams. Part 1 of the DM exam covers chapters 1-7 of the DM manual, and part 2 of the exam covers chapters 8 and 9 of the DM manual.

Thank you so much that answered my question plus more

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom