Divemaster did NOT get in the water...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hate heat and humidity. Why would I pay $$ to go dive somewhere with that kind of weather?

You shouldn't.
Unless you don't want to ice dive in the middle of winter. Then you need to go south to keep your skills current. :)

Not especially colourful, but we do get the occasional Lesser-known Greater Georgian Bay Wood Shark.

View attachment 475695

Ah, wood shark = wreck. I'd rather swim around a coral mound and I have no interest in entering small confined spaces even above water.
You enjoy though.

Edit: now I see the photoshop shark, there are real ones where I like diving. :)

You shouldn't.
Unless you don't want to ice dive in the middle of winter. Then you need to go south to keep your skills current. :)

I hate heat any time of year. I’ll be damned if I pay to go elsewhere during the winter, especially somewhere warm.

I have absolutely no interest in pretty fishies or corals. Local/regional diving is cheaper, too.

I LOVE diving here, I LOVE diving in the Caribbean. I LOVE diving in BC (Leaving a month today!)

In fairness, diving here is harder at times. I rarely do more than two dives in a day, but typically they have a certain amount of deco, maybe 10 - 15 minutes, so more than two isn't advisable anyway. But drysuits and doubles and stages etc. All add up. When I'm in BC we do three dives a day and maybe a forth some nights. I have no trouble sleeping at night. The 40# weightbelt alone is enough to tire me out.

Diving in warm water is so much easier. No denying that.

Seriously? Sharks in Toby?

LOL. No. They're afraid of the orcas.

Seriously? Sharks in Toby?
Got one.... Hook line and sinker.

I hate heat and humidity. Why would I pay $$ to go dive somewhere with that kind of weather?

I have absolutely no interest in pretty fishies or corals. Local/regional diving is cheaper, too.

I share your philosophy... If you dislike certain conditions why would you endure them when it comes to "recreational activity"

You like what you like and there should be no need for explanations much less apologies.

I actually don't understand people that live in places where white stuff falls from the sky, then go to a warm location for a week or two and behave like they love it so much and are sad to go back. How? how can you love it so much, but go back to frozen-town for 11.5 months? I know life happens, work, family and whatever... but no, if you really like certain type of weather you can find it.

Me? I have no use for cold air, or dry air either. I like heat and humidity. Even my cocktails are warmer than some of the lake waters up north. I also dislike the density of fresh water ... so it is warm ocean for me. As far a pretty fishes and corals? I can see beauty on a sand dive or a blue water dive. For me the multicolor view is not a requirement but is welcomed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom