Divemaster in Asia - which area? and which divecenter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all

I have decided to do a 6-week divemaster program - and is currently evaluating the different opportunities.
Scrolling through the forum, I find several threads about DM being the right next step, and also that the DM should be done where you want to work. My primary ambition with the DM is not 100% on working as a dive instructor, but mainly to combine a lot of diving in a first class area with an intro to the professional diving community - and of course to get a lot of dives and experience...

The dive areas considered are:
- Komodo
- Sipadan
- Bunaken/Amed (East Bali)

On those, the following dive centers are currently considered:
- Komodo: Scuba Junkie, Uber Scuba
- Sipadan: Scuba Junkie
- Bunaken/Amed: TwoFish

I dont like too touristic and party-like atmosphere/places - and the dive center needs to be very serious about their divemaster training (not just to act as work horses)

All comments on dives areas - and potential diveshops are highly appreciated.

Hi Divin'Viking

wow, this could be my post :) I am also looking for some recommendations on where to do the DM training in Indonesia. If you have some new insights, please let me know! Sulawesi is also on top of my list.

I would like to go somewhere, where the diving is still very good but conditions are easier than e.g. Komodo. So you have the chance to also work with less experienced divers and OWD students.

Any recommendations for dive centers?

Thanks!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom