Divemaster near Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alexradu

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello! After logging ~80+ dives over the last few years I'm looking to finally do my DMT this Sep-Oct. I've narrowed where I want to go down to Indonesia, around Bali / Lombok, and am trying to decide between:
- Gili Trawanagan
- Nusa Lembognan

Would really appreciate any thoughts/comments anyone has on these! I'll be in the area for 2+ months regardless so will likely go diving in both, the question I'm faced with is where do I do my DMT vs. just fun dives.

I understand Gili is much busier and has more night life (perhaps not as relevant when doing my DMT?), while Nusa is more peaceful and has better diving and macro life. Also know Nusa tends to have stronger currents - something I don't have an issue with personally when diving but not sure if I should be thinking about this differently in the context of my DMT.

I've seen some other DMT- specific threads about Bali/Lombok, but they're a few years old now so wanted to see if anyone had more recent experiences. Would also welcome any dive shop
recommendations

Thanks!

Hello Have a look at all the Gili Islands and not only at Gili Trawangan. Trawangan is the most famous one, but also the most busiest one. On Gili Air we have 15 dive shops, mostly PADI and SSI. There is only one PADI 5 star Career Development Centre.

The diving around the Gili Islands is great. We have for sure turtles and sharks, but also the macro life isn't that bad at all. If you are looking for mandarin fish, pipefishes, frogfish, we have not all.

The dive centre of all the 3 islands are diving all the diving spots around the islands.

For training purposes I would absolutely head to one of the big dive centers in the Gilis. There will be a constant flow of open water and advanced open water students- far more than in Lembongan. By all means be sure to dive Lembongan as it is awesome, but what you are seeking is in the Gilis.

Hey
We are a brand new shop on Gili Trawangan and would recommend doing you dive master in Gili T. Now the low season is upon us, the island vibe is a lot more relaxed. Also, the dive sites are brilliant and have recently been named number one spot for people to begin diving by Lonely Planet. And we do get a lot of Try diving and OW courses. Which would be great for you to assist in and get a lot of experience.

I suggest Manta Dive on Gili T. They are one of the oldest shops on the island so they know what they are doing. They also are very busy so you'll learn a lot and... they have a great team. I know, I used to teach for them :D Anyway, if you would have some questions, pm me.

Eve

Back
Top Bottom