Divemaster to Instructor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RudyT

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking for All Inclusive Divemaster to OWSI course preferably foreign. Any suggestions?

A few ppl I know did theirs in Thilland not sure which place though. Don't do it if your thinking you can make a living instructing. If your well set-up to begin with and enjoy it, go for it

Hi Rudy! Congrats on your decision to become an instructor!

If you're willing to come to warm, sunny Thailand, we have just the program for you. We're Aquanauts Dive Centre and we have a two-month DM to OWSI internship that is entirely all-inclusive.

Included is 2 months accommodations, unlimited diving for the duration, the IDC, an IDC prep course, your choice of 3 packages of additional courses (5-6 courses in each package), National Geographic Diver instructor status, a full year of job placement services through our exclusive, home-built Jobs4Divers.com scuba employment agency, all your testing & certification fees and more.

Once enrolled, the only thing you pay for once you arrive is water/electric for your apartment, breakfast & dinner (we pay for lunch on the boat), personal items and entertainment! And the cost of living is so low, most interns spend less than $400 a month to live here.

There are other programs around, but there are a number of things that make the Aquanauts program unique:

- We are the only center in Central Thailand with 2 in-house course directors
- We are the only dive center IN THE WORLD to operate a full-time scuba jobs placement agency featuring both a state-of-the-art job placement website and a full-time staff here in Pattaya.
- All training is done via our Personalized Training System that offers individual instruction, class sizes of 4 people or fewer and caps on enrollment to keep things small. The result: IE candidates at or near the top of every instructror exam.
-- The website has a full "top 10" list of reasns to choose us. Check it out!

You can find more details on the DM-OWSI package at AQUANAUTS: PADI Divemaster to Instructor Internship -- DM to OWSI Training Courses Pattaya Thailand We also have a toll-free number from the US, UK and Australia if you have questions or just PM me through Scubaboard.

2 months i a little too long. I have a different job that I have to pay for diving, that I need to consider. 3 weeks is the maximum amount I could take off in a row.
Any other suggestions?

Three weeks is not enough time to complete DM/IDC/IE. It is theoretically enough, but there is no training location that has a schedule like that. Unless you can take a month off your best bet is to do DM by itself and then IDC/IE another time, or private DM with someone else just in time to start another's IDC. You know what the rich say, most problems can be solved by throwing more money at it! :D

2 months i a little too long. I have a different job that I have to pay for diving, that I need to consider. 3 weeks is the maximum amount I could take off in a row.
Any other suggestions?

Why don't you consider doing it as a local intern at an LDS in California where you can do it while working at your job that is going to pay the bills?

I'm not looking for a DM course, I have been working as a DM w/ discover SCUBA for over a year. I want to get my OWSI & take a vacation in the same trip.

I'm pretty sure they are about to start offering instructor classes at Coconut tree divers in Roatan, probably by may 08. Send a PM to Will (BayIslandDiver) for info. If that's too late for you, you could try one of the outfits on Utila, which is a popular destination for dive training. I believe there is at least one place on Utila to do the instructor course.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom