DiveNav has closed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The CO sensors are market standard parts and are available. Not freely available as in you can go to a store and pick them up, but I have 2x brand new ones sitting on my desk. As long as the app doesn't get removed from the marketplace, keeping them going should be fine. I do wish I had the firmware updated so I didn't have to rely on the app for everything, but such is life.
I guess I'll be delving into that before going to Roatan this June. Luckily, I got my firmware updated last year.

If they really are defunct, it might be worth connecting a JTAG to the board and see if we can obtain a firmware dump. Sometimes it's pretty easy.

Well, the link given (and then some maneuvering on a horrible site), leads to only to two calibration services. Looks like there isn't going to be any help with firmware... crapola... my bad for taking too long to get it in for an update.

It seems that the androis/iOS software issue could be real, so a prudent back-up is warranted. Also, if there is a change in phone engineering, it may not work in future generations of phones. Oh well, now to find something else....

Buy the CO sensors from Mouser or Digikey.
DigiKey shows two CO sensors, #110-109 and #110-102; which one to get? $20 each. Nice.

Well, if anyone has a US source that sells to the public, I'd like to know...

anyone have the list of 02 cells that work?

Update: got an email response that the service company can do firmware updates...

Update: got an email response that the service company can do firmware updates...
Imagine how confident I am.

Products were crap. Service was crap. Not surprising. I wonder what relationship the service center has with them. $80 for CO calibration?! Kick rocks bro.

Buy the CO sensors from Mouser or Digikey. Buy a cheap can of bump gas, $30 from CalGas. That pay for firmware upgrade stuff was crap.

Another Scubaboard darling goes belly up. Learned my lesson there. The CooTwo is a piece of junk and the guy was a jerk. Too bad because it was a good idea and so far no one else has CO capability in an O2 analyzer. Mine still limps along with excessive babying, but basically has the quality of any item you'd buy for a quarter out of a grocery store vending machine.

Tobin had some good stuff but his wing design was stupid and he was a jerk, too. Good riddance. There's really no reason to treat your customers not just badly, but with contempt.

That's 2 out of 3 for the biggest Scubaboard darlings since I've been around (not long). Fingers crossed the SB seal of approval curse doesn't harm Shearwater.

Back
Top Bottom