Diver Death on the Algol?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Linda,

My true sympathies for your loss.

I wouldn't go into this except for the fact that you mentioned that you were a diver. Both the cold and the heat can be a danger to divers. We often find ourselves dressing very warm in hot weather for a dive in very cold water. In my own case it often even involves climbing steep hills while wearing a dry suit and heavy underclothes. Then of course we descend into very cold water. All these things can be a real shock to your system and in the extreme can be a real health hazard. It is rare though for it to be fatal unless there is a pre-existing health problem...and no I'm not a medical pro...but I have humped my gear around Florida swamps and Missouri "mountains" in the dead of summer and spent all day diving under the ice in Indiana in the winter.

From what little I've heard about this I wouldn't be inclined to blame any one.

You sound like a go-getter...enjoy your diving and be careful.

Mike

MikeFerrara:
Hi Linda,

My true sympathies for your loss.

I wouldn't go into this except for the fact that you mentioned that you were a diver. Both the cold and the heat can be a danger to divers. We often find ourselves dressing very warm in hot weather for a dive in very cold water. In my own case it often even involves climbing steep hills while wearing a dry suit and heavy underclothes. Then of course we descend into very cold water. All these things can be a real shock to your system and in the extreme can be a real health hazard. It is rare though for it to be fatal unless there is a pre-existing health problem...and no I'm not a medical pro...but I have humped my gear around Florida swamps and Missouri "mountains" in the dead of summer and spent all day diving under the ice in Indiana in the winter.

From what little I've heard about this I wouldn't be inclined to blame any one.

You sound like a go-getter...enjoy your diving and be careful.

Mike
Mike, Thanks for your thoughts. Yes, I'll be careful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom