Diver Died In West Palm Beach, Fl.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I read the filling a while ago and was hoping someone would discuss it, now im just going from memory but the main things that would were mentioned outa like 4 issues i think were failing to keep boat positioned to retrieve divers needing rescue, failing to have propper/working equipment. from what we have heard from the event it sounds as if the incident happened as they dropped into the water which would make the boat in a dropping position rather than monitoring or retrieval position (which to me seems easily beatable by narcosis since we dive off the backs of boats and dont want to go under the boat while near surface to prevent injury) the equipment issue though would be variable as to what equipment they are persuing as damaged, not propperly maintained or not useable accessable

The link no longer works for me although I printed awhile back (Probaly at office). The attorney will take issue of the boat's position unless they surfaced just astern. The boat is oriented to the float ball as you well know. If they were not diving in conjection with the DM and float ball then once again I point to the instructor as being the plantiff's attorney's pricipal target. There is much nuance to scuba diving as we all well know especially drift diving. Quite the challenge for the judge, defence attorney and jury...Just my 2psi worth...

I dove with Narcosis . Sorry to hear this type of news... :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom