Diver dies in Islamorada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Dom--

Thanks so much for sharing the details of this tragic incident with us. We tend to take posts we read in A & I seriously in the hopes that we can improve dive safety.

There's one thing I would like to ask, though, as it's unclear to me. We don't know why your wife surfaced, right? When the instructor and your wife broke the surface I'm thinking there had to be comments between the two. As in your wife saying, "I'm nauseous," "I'm not feeling well," or "The currents are too strong, I'll have to try this another day," or something else as to why she thumbed the dive.

Has the instructor told you what was said at the surface between him and your wife?

From what he told me, nothing was said, she only pointed to the boat and he sent her off to get on board.

I am but a guest here...
No, you're one of us, full member - hope you like that ok?

While some of us have questions about the events, I think many of us would like to be supportive of you. I know some others here who have lost wives diving if you'd care to meet any online?

Respectfully, if keeping the thread open provides a useful propose, then by all means keep it open. If it will just turn into fighting amongst the members is there really a point?

Either way, I am but a guest here and whether or not a thread is keep open is purely up to the operator and moderators.

Dom, you are one of us now. Not a guest, but a full member of our community. And since the thread concerns the tragic loss of your wife, I think most would defer to your wishes.

And if there is particular post or person that you feel it out of line and taking the thread in an argumentative unhelpful manner, just hit the report button and the mods will take care of it. The mods take a lot of flack, but they do a pretty good job at keeping this a friendly and helpful place.

Back
Top Bottom