Diver fights off croc - South Africa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess debriding the wound would have been over and above as well. The fact that the second doctor found it and the first didn't would be good reason not to go back to the first guy.
"There was a bit of irritation on my head and I went to the doctor to have it checked out. He then told me that half of one of the crocodile’s teeth was stuck in my head. It was removed and they gave it to me. I am going to turn it into a necklace," Pretoria News quoted Saunders as saying."

Actually, the guy himself discovered the tooth, and when he went back to the doctor it was much easier to follow up on his feeling of irritation. This tooth was probably imbedded in the skull, and very difficult to "see" even when debriding. I have assisted in scalp injury work when in the USAF, and with the amount of bleeding from even superficial wounds, this would be rather easily undetected.

Needless to say, this guy was very lucky!

SeaRat

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom