"Diver Post" - Cylinders from Crystal River, FL to Force-e, FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Roz

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
In England we have something called 'Diver Post'. You might have seen it on 'The Dive Forum'. It is where divers will transport an item from point a to point b, if that is a journey they would normally do.

I don't know if someone can please help me out. I went cave diving post DEMA, and was generously lent a twinset. This kind gesture has grown into a large can of worms. Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond my control, it missed the organised lift south from cave country back to southern Florida. I am now back in England so I am unable to physically do it myself. Before I pick up the phone and ring a courier company, is there a diver likely to make this journey please? The low pressure 72 doubles are now at Birds in Crystal River and I need to get them back to Force-e in Fort Lauderdale pdq. If someone is travelling this route, would you mind getting in touch please? rozATtumcDOTcoDOTuk Many thanks!

Hope they make it Roz... For those of you who may not know the OP, she is a stalwart of the scuba community in the UK and is one of the folks helping to put together TEKDiveUSA. Short version, if you can help her, please do.

Try posting this on the DIR forum and Cave diving forum...there are quite a few south florida divers that go from Fort Lauderdale or Palm Beach, to North Florida caves.....while few would have interest in Crystal river, there should be some way for a shuttle.

It's definitely not right away, but I will be making that trip around the first week of January if you still need help then.

Perhaps this would make an interesting regular feature for ScubaBoard.

Just a few minutes ago I was communicating with a fellow Coloradoan who is trying to find a way to get his twin 130s to cave country in the coming month for a potential sale.

In the meantime, I am finding a similar need for a scooter. Mailing scooters and double steel tanks is extremely expensive.

Perhaps this would make an interesting regular feature for ScubaBoard.

Just a few minutes ago I was communicating with a fellow Coloradoan who is trying to find a way to get his twin 130s to cave country in the coming month for a potential sale.

In the meantime, I am finding a similar need for a scooter. Mailing scooters and double steel tanks is extremely expensive.

I have a great name for this --- the service/club ..... Donkey Divers....I can think of a few SB member that will have to join :)
( donkey's are pack animals....in case my reference was doubtful....)

Divers UPS..... Pony Tank Express.....?????

I have a great name for this --- the service/club ..... Donkey Divers....I can think of a few SB member that will have to join :)
( donkey's are pack animals....in case my reference was doubtful....)

Divers UPS..... Pony Tank Express.....?????

I second. Moved and seconded. Those in favor?

I second. Moved and seconded. Those in favor?

Aye!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom