DiveRite computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mattengstrom

Reaction score
Does DiveRite make their own computers? I seem to recall hearing/reading/dreaming that someone else manufactures the computers (Oceanic, perhaps???) and then DiveRite just slaps their logos on them.

Can anyone confirm or debunk this? Thanks...

No one really makes their own computers (ok, I believe there are a couple that do)...

What I'm really after - are DiveRite computers unique to diverite? Or is, for example, a DiveRite Nitek Duo the same thing as an Oceanic BlahBlah, just with a different label on it? Anyone know?

Call Diverite and ask... Cochran, Suunto, Uwatec, VR-3, HS Engineering, all make their own computers and I can go on and on...

I know they dont make thier own Depth gauges Uwatec makes that---

It is Seiko that makes most, if not all of the DiveRite computers. I just picked up a new Apeks Quantum and it is the same as the Nitek Duo. I believe there's also a Tusa equivalent to this particular model. The Apeks Pulse is the same as the Nitek Plus. Because of ties between Aqualung and Suunto, these computers under the Apeks brand are not available in the US.

Cheers!

ryan.

Back
Top Bottom