Diverite drysuit compared to DUI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Robinhood

Contributor
Reaction score
Not to start a huge debate on these drysuits, but does anyone have any comments on the Diverite drysuit? I'm looking to purchase a drysuit soon. I'm interested in the DUI TLS350 and CLX450. Obviously, these are pretty expensive front entry drysuits and the diverite is a back entry, but I've never heard any reviews of the diverite.

A couple of things I notice is that the diverite already has pockets, but the warranty is 3 yrs as apposed to DUI's 7 year warranty. The diverite suit is alot cheaper too. I'm also moving to socal which makes the service and repair of a DUI more attractive because I can hand carry the suit to the factory.

So, what do you like and why or why not? Thank you in advance for comments.

You are comparing two totally different styles of suit. The DUI can be self donning, more options, higher cost. the DR - its backzip, the two pockets are standard and is a great suit for the money. The only option you can get on the suit are dry gloves. If you are looking for a suit you can buy off the rack and go dive and cost is a factor, I would then suggest a DR 905

Eric

ericfine50:
You are comparing two totally different styles of suit. The DUI can be self donning, more options, higher cost. the DR - its backzip, the two pockets are standard and is a great suit for the money. The only option you can get on the suit are dry gloves. If you are looking for a suit you can buy off the rack and go dive and cost is a factor, I would then suggest a DR 905

Eric

Yes, I realize that they are very different types of suits. The cost isn't necessarily a great factor, but I want a suit that I will use for years to come. I have just never heard any comments whatsoever on the DR. Also, I wanted to see what others thought regarding the warranty issues etc between the suits.

The DiveRite's I believe are branded, and make over seas. The DUI's are all U.S.A., if that is a consideration.

NOTE: I'm biased - I have a CF200

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom