DiveRite LED LUX Canister Dive Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone on the board bought one of these units in the past year? I just got one and am having hell cycling the battery and charging the battery pack, burn time is about 1 hour and I have completed my 4th. cycle.....taking 10 hours to charge the batteries!....so far I am not impressed! Drop me a PM so we might start a dialog. Thanks

Dive Rite LED Lux Canister Dive Light reviews and discounts, Dive Rite

Have you called Dive Rite? They have always been great when I talked to them, their phone number is 386-752-1087.

Does anyone on the board bought one of these units in the past year? I just got one and am having hell cycling the battery and charging the battery pack, burn time is about 1 hour and I have completed my 4th. cycle.....taking 10 hours to charge the batteries!....so far I am not impressed! Drop me a PM so we might start a dialog. Thanks

Dive Rite LED Lux Canister Dive Light reviews and discounts, Dive Rite

Alan,
I bought a DR 700 LED last year. At first I thought I had a battery problem when I charged it. I had the same issue with the initial burn times. I thought the burn time would get progressively longer with each charge, but that was incorrect. If I remember right it took 6 or 7 charge cycles. I posted in the DR forum here.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/dive-rite/307411-canister-light-battery-charging-question.html

Hi Carrie,

What you're experiencing is normal. The battery is not a single cell, but a group of 10 cells all trying to communicate with each other. To get full charge out of a group of NiMH cells, you must charge the light 4-5 times. Sometimes you might get 4-5 hours of burn time from your light, the next cycle it might be 1.5 hours. Just be patient and give it the full 4-5 cycles. At the end of this process your light should be burning for the full 4-5 hours.

Also, remember to use your NiMH battery at least once a month. The more you use them, the better they perform. If you're not diving at least once a month, dive the light in your kitchen sink, just like you are now, to keep your battery in good condition.

Alan,
Let me know how it works out. Last year I was getting a 7 hour burn time. I think it has dropped substantially in the last couple of months. I need to run the battery all the way down a couple of times and recharge, then double check the burn time.

Alan,
Let me know how it works out. Last year I was getting a 7 hour burn time. I think it has dropped substantially in the last couple of months. I need to run the battery all the way down a couple of times and recharge, then double check the burn time.

I will do that. Just today/evening wrote a detailed letter to the dive shop of what they are going to do to help correct the issue. Madding!!!

Safe diving.....dang I need to get the feel of that Travis water, but personal family issues/health have me tied close to home these days.....but with faith and good luck I hope things get better.

Thanks for your input! :wink:

Alan,
Keep your spirits up brother.
God willing and time things will heal.

Give Kathleen at Diverite a call and she will get you on the right track.

This will make you smile- I have a new Tech course.
Advanced Nitrox baby pool filling. It requires a steel tanks with higher than 36% and a small inflatable pool. I have three dives under my belt. This is a use for good nitrox? :depressed:

Andrew

Over the phone with DR, the problem to them sounded as though it's with the battery pack 'charger' itself.....so DR is sending a new one at N/C. for me to try.

Over the phone with DR, the problem to them sounded as though it's with the battery pack 'charger' itself.....so DR is sending a new one at N/C. for me to try.

Why do they think it's the charger? I'm starting to wonder about mine, now.

Why do they think it's the charger? I'm starting to wonder about mine, now.

Because it would take 10-12 hours to charge the battery pack (norm is 4 hrs.),,,plus the charger and battery pack were not even warm, still the same temp. from when I plugged the charger in.

Back
Top Bottom