DiveRite LED LUX Canister Dive Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,

Just checking with you if what I am experiencing is normal. I got the lamp in September and followed the cycling instructions. Charged the battery and turned the lamp on. It ran strong for a minute or so and then it continued with half of its initial brightness for about 8 hours. I charged it again and it did not run strong again but run for about 20 hours. I contacted DiveRite and they told me that I am on the right path. Continued with this and the lamp again acted weirdly in the sense that when I turn it on and off, it ocassionaly runs strong for couple of minutes. But it ran in this half power mode for about 40 hours. I contacted DR again and I have sent the battery for a checkup. Upon their request I have sent the charger and the head. I got a new battery and I started again. The same symptoms occurring again but the periods of running fully bright are 4 to five hours. When the lamp is fully charged I turn it on and it is bright for 2-3 minutes. Then after 7 to 8 hours I turn it off, leave it for 10-20 minutes and turn it on again and then it runs strong for 4-5 hours.

Did someone have the same experience? Just for reference, I am including a photo of the LedLux and the Intova.

Thanks,
Capo, Boston

lamp-question1.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom