Diverite Nitek Duo/trio Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just tried the TUSA software titled DiveLogBook version 1.11. I have an older laptop with Windows 7, the 32 bit edition (64 bit is not supported by DiveLogBook). The DiveRite Duo wrist computer along with the DiveRite download USB Clip worked very well the first time with the TUSA software. No patching, scratching your head, yelling, screaming or swearing. It worked. I selected the TUSA IQ-700 dive computer when installing the software which is the same wrist computer as the DiveRite Duo (both made by Seiko). Zeagle, Tusa, DiveRite and a few other dive gear sellers sold this Seiko wrist computer under their brand name.

The software package "Diving Log 6.0" has a download feature for the Tusa IQ-700 but it doesn't work with Windows Vista or 7, 8 or 10, unless you patch the software for the DiveRite Downloader clip driver which is part of the Prolific PL2303 serial to USB driver. Too complicated for me.. Someone with a bit more patience can deal with that.

The Diving Log 6.0 Software is very robust has a import feature for nearly every possible dive log book software program including the Seiko software for the DiveRite Duo, Tusa IQ-700 and Zeagle and it works under Windows 10. I just downloaded all my dives from the DiveRite Duo using DiveLogBook 1.11 and imported them into Diving Log 6.0. Worked great. Diving Log 6.0 can also download from from a wide variety of dive computers. I have an Oceanic (Pelagic) ProPlus 3 that is supported but I need the download cable with is outrageously expensive.

Good luck Seiko wrist computer divers

Any thought on how to download data from a NiTek3? or the He version? I have access to the cradle that fits mine but it has the older I/O style plug and I was not sure if I could even make it connect to download dives.

Hello Caveeagle.
Your NeTek 3 is about the same age as my DiveRite Duo.

Question....The "older I/O style plug"; I suspect it is a 9 pin serial plug? If it is a serial plug, I have a converter cable that converts a USB plug back into a Serial port, including the software. I'm not sure this will help you but I'd be willing to send it to you if you think it would work for you.... It was made by Radio Shack (26-183). I used it for downloading an older GPS device's data. The Garmin GPS did not have a USB cable, but rather a old style 9 pin serial cable. What version of Windows do you have? 32 bit or 64 bit?

I think DiveRite has the software still available for your NiTek3 in their library of older, no longer supported stuff. Call them and they should be able to help with older software if that;s what you need. I called DiveRite a few days ago when seeking newer software that supported Windows 7 or above and was given the advice that pointed me toward the Dive Log 6.0 software for my DiveRite Duo. You might try the Dive Log 6.0 software. Try the demo edition first before buying it to insure it works with your NiTek3. Good luck....

Hello Caveeagle.
Your NeTek 3 is about the same age as my DiveRite Duo.

Question....The "older I/O style plug"; I suspect it is a 9 pin serial plug? If it is a serial plug, I have a converter cable that converts a USB plug back into a Serial port, including the software. I'm not sure this will help you but I'd be willing to send it to you if you think it would work for you.... It was made by Radio Shack (26-183). I used it for downloading an older GPS device's data. The Garmin GPS did not have a USB cable, but rather a old style 9 pin serial cable. What version of Windows do you have? 32 bit or 64 bit?

I think DiveRite has the software still available for your NiTek3 in their library of older, no longer supported stuff. Call them and they should be able to help with older software if that;s what you need. I called DiveRite a few days ago when seeking newer software that supported Windows 7 or above and was given the advice that pointed me toward the Dive Log 6.0 software for my DiveRite Duo. You might try the Dive Log 6.0 software. Try the demo edition first before buying it to insure it works with your NiTek3. Good luck....
Those have become inexpensive (thankfully) over the years Amazon.com: Generic USB to Rs232 COM Port Serial PDA 9 Pin Db9 Cable Adapter: Computers & Accessories $6

did anyone ever find the original dive rite software for the duo/trio? I even asked Lamar a few weeks ago and dive rite doesn't even have it anymore. I used the tusa software and it was able to connect to my duo but not my trio for some reason.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom