DiveRite XT-1/XT-2 second stage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Swamp_monster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey I am considering getting some diverite regs. Who has experience with these regs (DiveRite XT-1 first stage/XT-2 second stage). If you own this setup have you had issues with them, what were they? Are they reliable regs from an engineering standpoint? How do they breathe at depth?

While I don’t own them personally I have breathed off a set, and they are great. You’ll find nothing but positive comments and reactions to the dive rite set. They are extremely reliable and breath great at all depths.

i would also recommend you take a look at the Deep 6 signature set.

I have two FT1 first stage and two XT2 second stage regulators.

The XT2’s pre-dive switch works fine.

The WOB knobs (formally “external adjustment knob”) on the XT2 regs work great and produce noticeably more difference (positive) in the WOB than my Zeagle second stage reg (retired).

I’m on and off my primary a lot as I like to orally inflate as a rule of thumb. For my twinset, that’s about three back and forths between my reg and the inflator. I’m also on and off the secondary (necklace) a lot to keep my mind mapped to it as a hot reg. I have no problems clearing either second stage reg. Sometime I get a wet first breath but it clears quickly with a quick oral blast.

Regarding the FT1s, they just work in the background with no perceptible indications. As far as rigging goes, I dig them. I really like the straight horizontal hose configuration. While some might prefer their hoses to point down towards the bladder, I didn’t like the unnecessary stress on the hoses of other regs or their interference with my bladder’s elbow. Now, I have no stress on the hoses. I clip of my SPG to my left shoulder D-ring so it’s also relaxed.

I’m just a baby diver so the deepest I’ve been with my DR kit is 50m. No issues over a 30 minute swim at that depth.

Anyways, I really like my DR kit. I think you can buy with great confidence.

I bought the XT set as my first doubles regs. I had an issue at one point that was very weird. One of them would bubble very slowly at the surface. But then be fine at depth. I had them serviced and still had the problem. I took them back and they re-did the service with a new parts kit and they have been fine ever since (3 years?).

I don't use them for my doubles any more. They are now my regs for my deco and bail out cylinders. They work great. They breathe just fine at depth. To me, they breathe equally well to my Hollis DC3/212 regs, and the ScubaPro Mk 25EVO/S620Ti set I had. The ScubaPro Mk 25EVO/G260 set I have breathes just a teeny bit nicer than any of those others. And my Atomic regs seem to breathe about the same as the Mk25/G260 regs.

I like how compact the XT regs are. The compact size really lends itself to use on deco/bail out/sidemount cylinders. And, of course, they work great for back mount doubles and single tank, as well.

I initially purchased the DR XT doubles for my technical diving and thought that I would later upgrade them for scubapros or Apeks. I liked them so much that I sold my Apeks single tank set up to buy another DR set for my recreational use. I now have all dive rite regulators and have been very satisfied with them.

I initially purchased the DR XT doubles for my technical diving and thought that I would later upgrade them for scubapros or Apeks. I liked them so much that I sold my Apeks single tank set up to buy another DR set for my recreational use. I now have all dive rite regulators and have been very satisfied with them.
You like them this much huh? No issues at all?

You like them this much huh? No issues at all?

Of course! I would stop short of saying that they are better than my Apeks but these are both pretty identical performers with Apeks being so much more over priced. Now, when it comes to long term ownership, Dive Rite wins hands down. I can contact the guys in Dive Rite through my facebook and they will be in touch with me for any issues. Not that I have had any with the regulator but Dive Rite owns the customers. Apeks like to distance itself from direct customer dealing so they put the dealer in between. My experience dealing with Apeks was very dealer dependent. If self-servicing your regulators is something on the horizon, then Dive Rite's kitts are much easy to obtain. So, if you happen to be the technical diver who has to have many regulators and would like to keep the same brand then Dive Rite is pretty hard to beat. If you are paranoid about your regulator breaking down during liveaboard, then 300 USD gets you another first stage that you can put in your pocket.

To me, the true test for a regulator is how well they perform under ice. I will be able to give you that answer in a few more months but they have performed quite well in 40 degrees.

My first reg set was an XT1 with XT2 second stages. Never had an issue at all, breathe great at all depths and reliable enough that when I started learning doubles I got a second XT1 to make a doubles set and now for single tank I dive an FT1 with XT2 second stages.

Back
Top Bottom