Divers and Pilots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

langs15:
Is your sn about the Kraken in Sea World??:06:

Nope, it's just that I'm butt ugly and look a whole lot like "The Kraken" from the movie "The Titans".

the K

RonDawg:
How did you do that?

With great anxiety, trepidation and care.

the K

FAA Private-Single Engine Land, Commercial-Multi Engine Land (complicated no?). And ATO (Philippines) Commercial currently rated on the Learjet 45 (we need ratings on all a/c we fly or at the very least by family, don't ask how it's decided, I think it's by tossing a coin). Flying for a charter company, pleasure is inclusive:)

On the 1st solo, my instructor was in the tower. My second landing he was screaming, "Flare! Flare!" Of course he wasn't on the radio and the only people who heard him was the controllers :D I flared...eventually:)

I used to teach students how to hover a Cessna 150 (it was in Oklahoma) Full flaps, turn into the wind and slow down. Hold on the edge of a stall and depending upon the wind you will slowly start flying backwards.

Simulator Pilot...does not really count, but at least I do the serious sims.
Maybe one day I will do a private license.

So the only wing I have right now is the one attached to my backplate and harness...:D

A.

Rack up another sim pilot. I'd like to get my single engine and IFR, I may try to find a college accreddited course and make the Marines pay for it with my MGIB :D

Cheetah223:
Rack up another sim pilot. I'd like to get my single engine and IFR, I may try to find a college accreddited course and make the Marines pay for it with my MGIB :D
Cheetah223,

What sims do you fly? I was flying F4.0 AA, Lomac and FS2004. Do you think that if you are a proficient sim pilot you actually have it a lot easier picking up flying (or even could land a plane if needed just from sim experience).

I have Falcon 4.0, never took the time to read the manual though, so never became proficient with it. I figure a video game with a manual that's thicker than the Bible is a little too much time for me. Got the game for free from a friend who felt the same way I do, so the addition of it being free probably adds to my unwillingness to learn it.

Along with F4.0 I have FS2004, X-Plane, and CFS2. I think if you're proficient with sims (good sims, with realistic physics and weather) you'll likely have a lot easier time swapping over to the real deal. I have some (very very little) time flying a Cessna, and from that I'll say there is a big step you can't re-create with sims, but in an emergency and lack of any certified pilot, I'd definitely rather have someone with a hundred sim hours landing my flight than someone who's never seen a cockpit outside an airshow.

Sims today are getting realistic enough to train with, I heard the FAA does train with X-Plane. They're definitely no replacement for real world experience, but you can pick up a lot I'm sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom