Divers Found Drifting Way Offshore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was that ever an issue? As far as I know they were inconvenienced but not harmed by the incident.
Was just curious if we ever heard of Or from them

Imagine what would happen if you handed them a padi dive table
My wife and I finally decided at the end of our trip a week ago to stop carrying the rolled-up air and nitrox dive tables with us on dives. Our computers in general have been working fine for over 10 years and the new Shearwaters seem rock-solid, so we've decided to trust them.

Completely pointless post in a poor attempt to be the hero and self promote. Posting for people to be careful of who they dive with and then provide no real details or information is just a tacky bait and switch maneuver. What’s even worse is that you really didn’t have any details you even based your impulsive original post on what Diver said. How do we know they didn’t go off on their own away from the group and surface. Like several others have said In similar words, I am calling BS

Completely pointless post in a poor attempt to be the hero and self promote. Posting for people to be careful of who they dive with and then provide no real details or information is just a tacky bait and switch maneuver. What’s even worse is that you really didn’t have any details you even based your impulsive original post on what Diver said. How do we know they didn’t go off on their own away from the group and surface. Like several others have said In similar words, I am calling BS
Are you saying you do not believe the incident even happened?

I'd say something probably happened. The weather that day was extreme **** with winds and waves - the heavy rainfalls - the very odd currents.

Combined that with a 30pax boat that probably doesn't run everyday, did the captain know the DM - heck was it even a DM with the group?

The doubting I get is the two hours of floating - 30 to 45 minutes ehhh.

I can tell you from experience, it can happen. Great captain, bad weather, inexperienced DM, not knowing the captain and multiple groups but not two hours......

A good friend of mine who is an excellent diver was with a very good DM and a well respected captain and years ago in marginal condition they were diving Chun Chakab and got caught in a south flow eddy that sometime occurs near shore. They got kicked out below the Punta Sur, the boat was frantically searching north and 1-2 hours later they were picked up in the channel by a fisherman. It happens.
Carnival week in 2016, marginal conditions, was diving Chun Chakab and wandered towards shore, looking for Lion fish, and hit the southbound current, blink of an eye I was alone and I had to swim like hell to get back to the northbound current. I was talking to my friend later about it when he told me about his trip out to the channel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom