Divers North-Northwest-West of Ft. Worth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Our boat is actually docked at Joe Pool, but we can drop it in PK at anytime the conditions are good. It is a Sea Ray and divers with gear will hold 4. It is something like a 220 or 240 select. Hell I don't know, that's Troy's department. It's red, and its pretty! The offer is there after we start to meet a few people, and make sure they are not ready to cowboy it up, and dive off of it with 6 open water dives, in CSSP. Know what I mean? God knows who is reading this. Hopefully we can all get together, meet a few nice divers, and take it from there.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?hw15bx

Completely understandable. I certainly would not propose to have our first meeting and then turn to you and say, "Hey, when are we going out on your boat?" LOL. I realize that trust has to be gained not assumed. I just wanted to say thanks for the initial offer. It's just another nice facet to add to our forming club. :)

Tuesdays or Thursdays seem like better nights to me. Wednesday usually turns into a church night for a lot of people. Also, in terms of meeting location/restaurant, prior experience with other Buffalo Wild Wings, has been pretty good. So there is my two cents for the night. Hope that it helps some way or another.

Navydiver2010, thanks for the response. I still need your email address.

Navydiver2010, you are added to the list. I will be sending an email out to all members tonight or in the morning.

Hopefully we can get a little information on possible meeting places in Grapevine this week. Tejas, are you still up for surveying the scene? I would help you, but I've actually got a boatload of work scheduled, read: crammed into the first three days of this week.

Tues/Thursdays seem to be the consensus view, so let's talk 27th or 29th. Does that give everyone enough time to schedule accordingly?

Cyp

I second the vote for Tuesday the 27th. I can get over to the Grapevine area mid week and check out a few locations and see which would be more accommodating to a larger group.

Any suggestions would be great and would help to narrow down my search.

Thanks everyone!

Tejas

Just another quick note of interest. I talked with an instructor that I know who has a boat at Lake Murray. He prefers a minimum of 10 divers and will do a 2 tanker for $20 per person, $25 if he cooks hot dogs, etc. If anyone is looking for a 4 tank dive, then probably $40-50 per person.

Yes, I know I'm getting ahead of myself as we haven't even had our first meeting. I just want to keep the interest alive.

Cyp

Count me in for that!

Tejas

Just another quick note of interest. I talked with an instructor that I know who has a boat at Lake Murray. He prefers a minimum of 10 divers and will do a 2 tanker for $20 per person, $25 if he cooks hot dogs, etc. If anyone is looking for a 4 tank dive, then probably $40-50 per person.

Yes, I know I'm getting ahead of myself as we haven't even had our first meeting. I just want to keep the interest alive.

Cyp

I've told the man with the boat that we can definitely work with him this season.

I dive dry, so I'll go anytime. I'm not completely cold-hearted though, so I won't begin the trip scheduling process until the water temp hits 60 at Lake Murray. With the weather we are having....I'm betting that will happen in April instead of May at Murray.

Now, Murray only has a couple of boat dive sites that are generally "known", but for those interested in a little exploration, we can drop anchor anywhere and jump in. We might find the standard, general lake bottom...or....who knows? That's the fun part. :)

We are still looking for new members, so get out there and tell those that you know. I'll be putting information on other online places as well to try to draw in more members.

Cyp

I'm in for the 27th for a meeting. Also the lake dive sounds interesting but I would skip the tube of death (hot dogs). I've seen where they make those things and got now use for them!!!!!!! :(

Back
Top Bottom