Divers rescued from sinking boat - Australia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
Hope they got away with most of their gear... Nine divers rescued by water police | News.com.au
NINE men have been rescued from the ocean after their dive boat overturned north of Sydney. Emergency services responded to a distress beacon at about 1.30pm (AEDT) after the vessel began to take on water about 2km offshore at Broken Bay, on the Central Coast, police said. Water police retrieved nine men from the water before taking them to Careel Bay. The men were not injured and declined medical attention from waiting paramedics, police said. Macquarie radio reported the men were in the area to dive the wreck of HMAS Adelaide.

NINE men have been rescued from the ocean after their dive boat overturned north of Sydney. Emergency services responded to a distress beacon at about 1.30pm (AEDT) after the vessel began to take on water about 2km offshore at Broken Bay, on the Central Coast, police said. Water police retrieved nine men from the water before taking them to Careel Bay. The men were not injured and declined medical attention from waiting paramedics, police said. Macquarie radio reported the men were in the area to dive the wreck of HMAS Adelaide.
Read more: Nine divers rescued by water police | News.com.au
January 18, 20124:19PM (GMT+09:30)

Sounds like they were plucked from the water. I guess it woudl depend on how quickly it was taking on water as to whether you'd gear up or just jump in with the wetsuit on.
I wonder what dive operator they were with, i'm pretty sure there's only 2 operators that can service that wreck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom