Dives on 051905 won't be fun at all

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I’m sure by now at least half of the country knows about our triple murder and Amber Alert for the two missing children.

The dive team was just paged out for dives in the am. We will be searching a bunch of small ponds and a fast flowing creek for ????

Here is a sat pic of the area and we will be searching all the waters around the residence.
http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?T=1&S=10&Z=11&X=2644&Y=26376&W=1
There are two homes to the east of the campground. There is a bridge across the main creek going into the campground (the big complex looking area). The creeks that surround the house can't be seen in the pic but there are two more plus several ponds. Zoom out on the pic and you can see how close it is to the lake.

Here is just one of many paper articles. http://www.cdapress.com/articles/2005/05/18/news/news01.txt

We need some prayers for those kids and hope like hell we the dive team doesn’t find them.

Wednesday (today) was day zero for me. I have my retirement points.

Gary D.

Gary D.:
I’m sure by now at least half of the country knows about our triple murder and Amber Alert for the two missing children.

The dive team was just paged out for dives in the am. We will be searching a bunch of small ponds and a fast flowing creek for ????

Here is a sat pic of the area and we will be searching all the waters around the residence.
http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?T=1&S=10&Z=11&X=2644&Y=26376&W=1
There are two homes to the east of the campground. There is a bridge across the main creek going into the campground (the big complex looking area). The creeks that surround the house can't be seen in the pic but there are two more plus several ponds. Zoom out on the pic and you can see how close it is to the lake.

Here is just one of many paper articles. http://www.cdapress.com/articles/2005/05/18/news/news01.txt

We need some prayers for those kids and hope like hell we the dive team doesn’t find them.

Wednesday (today) was day zero for me. I have my retirement points.

Gary D.
Been watching the local news and thinking about you, Gary. Sounds like they have a "person of interest" in custody. Also sounds like the search efforts have almost run their course.

Tomorrow, -1.

Gary, My prayers have been with those kids since I heard about the situation. I also pray they are found alive and unharmed. Take care fella and know we appreciate your work.

Gary D.

I hope you do not them in the water, hope they are safe. Be safe brother.

Jeff

Gary D.:

Gary D.
I read the story and will pray for the children. I don't envy your job. Keep up the good work. I'll pray for the dive team as well. Keep us informed- hope the kids are found safe and sound.

Day one was to say the least a pair of nasty words with one being mother.

We met at the Marine building at 0900 and after loading way toooo much gear were on scene by 10.

We managed to get a pond, about the size of a 2-car garage, searched. It averaged about 4’ of water with another 4 feet of mud and full of metal targets. The metal detector never quieted down.

The next pond was about an acre or a little bigger with an island in the middle. I had 5 detector hits. 3 re-bar, one electrical line and a hose clamp. Other than that it was a clean body of water that ran from 1’ to 6’ deep with a lot of mud.

Then we did about ½ mile of creek. It’s cold and moving pretty good so a lot of ferrying back and forth.

Last we started on the big pond. It’s about 3 acres and a muddy mess. We called it after almost 10 wet hours. All of us are kind of sore from moving in all that mud.

The fire department came out with a brush truck and foamed all of us, which made clean up real easy.

It was amazing to see the amount of searchers here. ALL the surrounding counties from Idaho, Washington, Montana and even Canada have sent teams. Spokane even showed up with their water rescue units. The amount of search dogs is overwhelming.

I wish I could tell you what is going on with the investigation but at this point I just can’t. It’s something out of a science fiction movie.

I told the Sheriff that this could have been my first official retirement day because I had my points yesterday. He looked at me and said, if I even think of going, other than a joke, he would file some criminal charges and put me on work release. Looks like I’m staying.

Back at it at 0700 to finish off what we have left. I hope some of the media goes home. I think every station in the world is here. I counted 22 BIG dish trucks on scene today and the reporters are tripping over each other.

Keep the prayers coming.

Gary D.

I hope that the only thing that is down there is mud and fish!

How many muscles does the human body have? We can feel every one of them. Not just me but even the snotty nose kids are hurting.

The water areas we will search today are actually bigger than what we searched yesterday but wount take us as long. A big percentage of it wouldn't have been accessable to the suspect(s) so we will eliminate those areas.

We are expected to be done by noon today.

Keep the prayers coming that we find the murder weapon(s) and that's all.

Gary D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom