Divetime iPhone App

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hawkeye1338

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
There is a really great app that is available for free on the iPhone called Divetime. It shows over 10,000 dive sites around the world and has a description of every single one. Thought some of you might be interested!

-Nick

Very cool.

I downloaded this when it first came out. I looked at a few of our local sites. They were so far off I would consider it dangerous. For somebody who doesn't know any better it looks great but the descriptions of my local sites almost appeared as if the author was just making things up.

I live in Marquette, Michigan...on Lake Superior. According to the Iphone app, Tortugas Reef, Manzanillo, Mexico is just outside my front door. Don't I wish!!!

I have heard the sites are not very accurate?

Yeah, totally inaccurate coordinates but the dive information is cool once you locate your wreck or site. Maybe they will fix it.

...gps + mobile web access + shared data. It's a wonderful concept, if its accurate enough not to be frustrating (and dangerous).

I live in Marquette, Michigan...on Lake Superior. According to the Iphone app, Tortugas Reef, Manzanillo, Mexico is just outside my front door. Don't I wish!!!

Probably after a couple of beers and a sauna you would believe it is just outside the door!!!:D

I think it sucks, the best Dive app is Dive Log, I have all my dive right on my phone. It took a while importing from my hard drive, but i am finally current on my dives. I paid for the program and can update my computer Dive log with my I phone.............I love it !!!

PS.........Well worth the money if your a diver with the Iphone!!!

Back
Top Bottom