DiveVolk Color Filters Tips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver.Jason

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am going to the Bahamas this weekend and looking to dive and document using my DiiveVolk Seatouch 4. I am looking for some tips as to what color filter I should use or if I should use it at all. If someone can give me a crash course. I have editing software on my phone (SeaReal) so this is why I am questioning the filters. I will be using both video and photo features.

Thanks!

I"ve used the DiveVolk Expansion Clamp and Red filter (for Blue water) many times and it does a good job when a subject is illuminated by bright ambient light like reef or critters or divers out in the open.

I encourage folks to spin around and shoot level towards the bluest water background. This means the sun is behind you and illuminating your subject.

Also, in 2 days I'll board the Gaia Love dive boat in Raja Ampat. I brought along some red filters from my Fantasea F Series Air Lens and intend to try holding it over the front port to see if there's any difference compared to the DiveVolk filter.

As I've also shared here the SeaReal App is very very good also.

Have fun!

David Haas

Back
Top Bottom