Recommended Divevolk setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rye_a

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm planning to buy a Divevolk SeaTouch 4 Max for my family to share on an upcoming trip to Bonaire. We will be using it for general and artistic photos and videos (my wife is an accomplished photographer on land), and I am definitely planning on purchasing a kit with the red filter. My questions are these: Should I add a light to the kit? Are there any other must-haves to enjoy the system (wide angle, etc)?

Hi, I just returned from a dive trip in Roatan with a new Divevolk 4 and was quite pleased. The red filter is critical and in my experience even more effective than the light. I bought a Sola 3800 video light to go with the housing, but for daylight shots it didn’t make much of a difference. HOWEVER, the time the light really shown (no pun intended) was on the night dives. Brilliant color.

Hi Everyone,
Here is Part 1 of our just-released underwater review of the DiveVolk 4.

Part 1 focuses on Image quality, Ease of getting unique shots and especially the durability of the flexible touch screen during 30+ days of shore diving on Bonaire this year.

The future Part 2 will focus on the Pros and Cons of this housing compared to traditional housings and the usage of the DiveVolk.

The future Part 3 will cover the best settings to maximize smartphone computational imagery and easy color correction.

Enjoy,

Mike

I just got back from Diving in the Dominican and on shallow Caribbean dives you generally don't need any kind of light, just the red light filter and if you want the wide angle one

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom