Diving Accident Gulf Coast 8/20?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Please tell Rhett's sister the community is praying for him.

I sure hope he had DAN insurance.

What's the latest on Rhett's recovery?

Also, if anyone has details about his dive plan, gear set-up (doubles, single, rebreather), profile, and educated guess as to the cause of this accident, I'd love to hear them, even if it's in a PM. I have no interest in posting something told to me in confidence, but I dive this site pretty regularly, and if I can learn something that might prevent me, or one of my buddies from taking the same route, I'd prefer that to the alternative.

-H

From Terri (Rhett's sister).....

"Update on my brother Rhett (Mike) Starnes. Thank the good Lord......Brother is now in his own room, 3211. He is eating but stating the food is not good according to our mother. LOL. Feeling in his limbs is stronger everyday. He is still having the hyperbaric treatments. Thank you for all your concerns and continued prayers. Love, Terri."

Update from Mike's (Rhett's) Sister......

"Just received an update on my brother Mike M. (Rhett) Starnes. With assistance of physical therapy, brother is now sitting up in a chair. Praise the Lord. God is good.Thank you all again for continuing to pray for my brother. As I hear more, I will update. Love, Terri"

From Mike's sister Terri,

"Update on my brother...Rhett Mike M. Starnes. According to my mom. My momma spoke with brothers nurse a few hours ago. Brother is up walking with the help of PT. Awesome news. Praise the Lord. On August 20th my brother was deamed brain dead. God prevailed. My brother is so much alive...thanks to God and getting better every day. Our family thanks you all for continuing prayers...Please keep lifting my Brother up in prayer. God bless you all. We love you. Love, Terri."

From Mike's sister, Terri.....

"Happy Sunday everyone. Just a little update on my brother, Mike M. Starnes. Today marks exactly one month ago that brother had his Scubba diving accident. As you all are aware the EEG showed no brain activity. With tremendous amount of prayers from you all and much round the clock therapy from the doctors and nurses...my brothers recovery has exceeded all expectations. GOD is so awesome and I give to HIM all the Glory for this amazing miracle. My brother still has a ways to g...o with the goal being a FULL recovery. He is a strong person and a huge believer in God. With God's help and continued prayers I believe this goal will be accomplished. Report is that he will be discharged home this coming Wednesday but will continue with outpatient therapy. Thank you all for your support and concern this past month...but most of all for your awesome prayers. I'm sure as soon as brother is able he will be on FB thanking you all himself. God be with you all. Love,Terri"

This is fabulous news !!!!!!

From Mike's sister, Terri.......

"So...it's a done deal. My brother, Mike M. Starnes, is going home to his family tomorrow. Who would have ever thought. Thank you all again for your prayers and concerns during this past month. Love,Terri"

This is fabulous news !!!!!!

From Mike's sister, Terri.......

"So...it's a done deal. My brother, Mike M. Starnes, is going home to his family tomorrow. Who would have ever thought. Thank you all again for your prayers and concerns during this past month. Love,Terri"
Does "Mikes sister" have any information as to what this dive accident was or how it happened? ?

Sent from my galaxy S5 Active.

She does not have any of the details of the accident just yet. She 's not a diver so what she has told me wasn't to informative. I look forward to chatting with him. When I get the details I'll share what he is comfortable with me sharing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom